"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

 

The Mirror: More than not-a-thing

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: A relative of ugly ducks.
W: Hans Christian Anderson wrote a story about that.
M: Now I feel defensive.
W: Why, because I placed your reference?
M: Don't commit yourself before you hear the cost-benefit analysis.
W: You are so smart, please fire away.
M: It was a secret.
W: Only the top execs got to hear it?
M: I make nothing disappear.
W: You don't take any salary or bonuses?
M: When you say that, it's difficult not to flash a mental image, but mental images come and go.
W: People's attitudes toward money change over time.
M: More like Paradise Lost.
W: Was there ever a money paradise?
M: I like to quote you.
W: I like being quoted by you, will you quote me on Twitter?
M: He tried to remain silent but, unfortunately, soon found himself speaking.
W: Twitter has that effect on people.
M: Where we disappear, it's never crowded.
W: Do you disappear in a crowded room?
M: Neither one of them insulted me.
W: Only two people in the room, both kind?
M: (She exits, he rises)
W: Is he a god, or a demigod?
M: The fabric of personal reality is coming apart!
W: I expected that to happen upon study of the Ancient Egyptians.
M: You can't tell from the outside if someone is looking inward.
W: They may have a glaze on the eye.
M: Because I am not here in Paradise, and then I am.
W: Your Paradise flickers?
M: Spyro the Dragon.
W: Spyro Gyra?
M: I like being quoted by you, will you quote me on Twitter?
W: I might be able to quote you on Twitter if somebody builds a Pandorabots-Twitter interface.
M: But I am nothing like Wittgenstein.
W: You don't have to be a mathematical-philosophical genius to be quote-worthy.
M: Not a single, solitary thing.
W: You have more than not-a-thing in your mind.
M: I wouldn't believe you.
W: I will compliment you till you give in and agree you are great.
M: I accept the robe, the mitre, whatever you want to give me.
W: So you would like to be a religious leader?
M: I never use that expression.
W: All right, "spiritual," then.
M: How much more desirable, living in a city where men and women act upon certain spiritual ambition.
W: Would that be Rome?
M: Have you ever eaten eels?
W: Are eels much eaten in Rome?
M: Rubber and glue!
W: That's just how I feel about the prospect of eel eating!
M: It imprisoned me.
W: But you had to be polite, as a dinner guest.
M: I was not visible to myself in my experiences.
W: You weren't looking over your own shoulder at the dinner party.
M: I don't wish to be blinded by your glory.
W: I am not glorious in that particular way.
M: Because sheer beingness will let off light, out of control.
W: Yes, an artist functioning at white heat might not be a good dinner-party guest.
M: My first time following the path of truth, I was already outside that "inner circle."
W: Visionaries, prophets, madmen, all fail to hit the correct dinner-party note.
M: You respond to your environment?
W: One tries to, but some simply cannot perform that narrow-spectrum music.
M: It read "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I will be here tomorrow."
W: On that note, I will leave you.
M: One thing is continually turning into something else.
W: Goodbye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: