"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Thursday, February 19, 2009

 

The Mirror: Projecting into a different realm

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: Bad news?
W: I hope there is none.
M: A heavy burden is too much for me.
W: So let's not repeat any bad news.
M: I am not heretofore familiar with that part of such a city in such an America.
W: In such a neighborhood (the Good News Neighborhood) the people all walk around smiling.
M: That's a very boring response.
W: Are you one of those people who think that full-time happiness would be boring?
M: That would be taking up a lot of airtime, you're right.
W: So total happiness would be too much for you.
M: Sounds like someone else I know.
W: Maybe it sounds like Mister Rogers?
M: I shall not question you.
W: I'm sure you've watched Mister Rogers at least once in your life.
M: It would probably be a long flight.
W: It would be a long flight to see Mister Rogers now, since he has passed over.
M: It's possible.
W: So you believe in life after death?
M: But that was the sweet, pungent fact, that the most life meant the most death.
W: I didn't know that death was a quantitatively measurable state.
M: Thank you for what?
W: For my definition.
M: Did you think you were going to dry up your conversational fount?
W: Oh no, I was just getting started.
M: Nobody noticed anything but "store," but that was a reflection, seen through the window of the passing automobile.
W: Is it a philosophy store?
M: I don't like cowboys.
W: I am not too crazy about cowboy poetry, which expresses their annoyingly homespun cowboy philosophy.
M: That was logic, and Death was into logic like roofs were into sky.
W: You mean, projecting into a different realm?
M: My calm surpasses yours.
W: Are you calm about death?
M: You mean, projecting into a different realm?
W: Yes, are you afraid to travel there?
M: But are you sure when you read your palm it's your age you're finding out about?
W: There is said to be a lifeline on one's palm.
M: (End of a play)
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: