"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Monday, January 12, 2009

 

The Mirror: Painfully magnetic

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: He's Ezra Pound.
W: The director of the library does not resemble Ezra Pound in any respect.
M: Where did that happen?
W: That happened to my right, about five seconds ago (the not-resembling).
M: (She enters)
W: Actually, she is just leaving.
M: That would be the past.
W: It is now the past!
M: Was that why it was so easy to make the connection between the purchase and the cash?
W: I do not purchase my friends!
M: I wanted to be a "me" icon.
W: I might talk to someone named "me," but it would depend on that person's orthography.
M: One's mental furniture is critical.
W: Especially the spelling annex.
M: Anachronism!
W: The word "orthography" still exists, but only Gissing fans like me would use it.
M: That must be your idea, because it certainly isn't my idea.
W: It was entirely my idea.
M: But if we wither the opportunity?
W: You mean, I suppose, the near-telepathy between us?
M: You couldn't get through the door?
W: I couldn't get through the space-time continuum without your assistance.
M: Eye-city, lived through.
W: I am extremely visual, are you?
M: Nothing rules.
W: So your senses are perfectly distributed?
M: Here we are at last.
W: At last we reach perfect equilibrium.
M: How about the number on your next paycheck?
W: Will that have all the same numbers in a row, or perhaps a numeric palindrome, like 12,321?
M: A table ends above in a surface upon which thoughts, written, can be elaborated.
W: You are encouraging me to continue to focus on my novel?
M: Especially the spelling annex.
W: Spellcheck is useful, and I admit to having used it, but only because I don't want to read over what I have just written.
M: I thought you were the reflector.
W: I try to reflect what my characters tell me.
M: Spinach is useful for brain function.
W: I have not been eating enough dark greens lately, thanks for the reminder.
M: Are you serious?
W: I am indeed.
M: I guess it would be a barnut.
W: I would never eat anything which came from a bar.
M: I could analyze it, but it's not worth it.
W: If you analyzed such a comestible, the readout would probably resemble that Wired feature in which they reveal the ingredients of unfoods like Cool Whip.
M: That's not the final destination.
W: You have something in mind past Wired magazine, perhaps the ear of the FDA?
M: My attention is trapped.
W: I should be flattered, but I don't want to be that painfully magnetic.
M: OK, "game" is the magic word.
W: Now you have lightened things up.
M: Don't be afraid, it's for your own protection.
W: You want to make sure that I don't feel the strain of getting too "heavy."
M: We'd like to sum ourselves up.
W: I'd say we synergized today.
M: I haven't done that yet.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: