"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Friday, December 05, 2008

 

The Mirror: Glasses of empty water

The Mirror: Mirror Mirror, shining clearer, behold!
W: What do you see?
M: Why do I forget this totally perplexing mystery that informs every moment of my waking life?
W: Is the mystery the same old "meaning of life" question?
M: It's not that I myself have achieved not being in control.
W: Control may edge out meaning.
M: How many fingers have I?
W: I would say five or ten, but that would be boring.
M: I see at least three other mirrors reflected in the mirror.
W: I see them too.
M: "I am," she said.
W: Is she a mirror?
M: Probably because that would take too much time away from your obsession!
W: My current obsession is 2D barcodes.
M: What's operating here?
W: An operating system?
M: I certainly would like to do that.
W: You'd like to design an operating system?
M: I don't know what to say to that.
W: Windows 7 is coming up.
M: See?
W: I can't "see" the system.
M: An empty glass which once held water stood on a small metal table.
W: It's important for artists and scientists to stay hydrated.
M: I would say five or ten, but that would be boring.
W: Five or ten artists and scientists stood around, drinking glasses of empty water.
M: Does your library have steam radiators?
W: Sadly, no, because I love the curlicues on the old radiators.
M: Is she a mirror?
W: Is a radiator "she" due to warmth?
M: Doubled, coagulate of doubling.
W: Thickening pudding or soup or stew of news and thought.
M: Five or ten artists and scientists stood around, drinking glasses of empty water.
W: Give them some stew!
M: Oh, you know that?
W: I know how to make evaporated soup packets.
M: I came in to see you, and you presented me with a wall.
W: I am hurt, I thought we were getting somewhere.
M: The skewed and lateral knowledge is alone decisive.
W: Tangents may be important for creatives.
M: I don't have as much money as an ATM!
W: I know, the client is always worried about the budget.
M: This does not seem possible.
W: Well, they just told me my computer time was up.
M: You wait for the floodgates to open?
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: