"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Saturday, November 15, 2008

 

The Mirror: Queen for a day and a half

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: Do you want me to give you a more enthusiastic greeting?
W: I prefer your soft, muted approach.
M: Unpleasantness is as justifiable as pleasantness.
W: Muted is not unpleasant.
M: Not everything is explainable.
W: Thank goodness, I was afraid you were going to ask me to explain myself.
M: Are you saying that my end of the dialogue is paltry, puny, picayune?
W: No, I'm saying it is most refreshing.
M: In/Out doors.
W: The passage of time.
M: I didn't say "effective," but since you bring it up, it is that too.
W: The passage of time effects a change we may not like.
M: The man ignored this.
W: But the woman could not.
M: You just gave me an idea.
W: Botox injections?
M: You already said that.
W: I implied it.
M: No, not in that sense, that would be disparaging.
W: I can't really fault women for getting Botox injections, not in this society.
M: The mere thought of an iPhone?
W: Now an iPhone I'd like.
M: The current day shares many elements with 1997.
W: How is now like 1997?
M: But the woman could not.
W: The woman could not answer, after too much Botox froze her face?
M: You can't decide whether to go through it or not?
W: Oh, I'm never getting Botoxed.
M: But the woman could not.
W: That's right, I could never go through with it, besides its cost.
M: By doubling the number of queens.
W: Every woman is a queen for a day and a half.
M: Now an iPhone I'd like.
W: Are there any "killer apps" on the iPhone?
M: Your boat is ready for delivery.
W: Nautical apps?
M: Because I just won't be sensible.
W: Who could be sensible about an electronic boat?
M: Now I don't need it.
W: Don't be too hasty, the world may require it of you.
M: Her hands crossed, planning a not-yet-come actuality.
W: People do spend an awful ot of time bracing themselves for the future.
M: Maybe that's not wrong after all.
W: It's unpleasant to spend one's life in a braced position.
M: Or something else.
W: There's something worse than a braced position?
M: Reflected light chimed, hearable through organs not yet named in the book Samuel squeezed like a lemon.
W: And all the juice ran out of the pulp fiction.
M: Am I supposed to take that on faith?
W: You're supposed to take it as metaphor.
M: I think you mean "present," not "presence."
W: I think I mean "pressed," as in a mill.
M: People say that life is what you make it.
W: Have you made any fresh melonade lately?
M: Look at me leaving, sadly.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: