"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

 

The Mirror: Objective manifesti

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: A new idea about hunger.
W: I hunger for intellectual growth.
M: Get away from that window, Paul!
W: Is Paul looking out the window for social-network buddies?
M: (Bend)
W: If he bends, he'll be able to see even farther out the window.
M: Well done.
W: I try to knit up the raveled sleeve of far-flung meaning when I can.
M: Like hunting?
W: I only like hunting for things on the Web.
M: To supersede something is to effectively destroy that something.
W: Let's not say "destroy," just "replace."
M: I have to pay you for each question?
W: You can pay me with brilliance.
M: I think short-term memory is only about 5 seconds long.
W: Then I had better type fast!
M: Unless, of course, it was an octagonal tower.
W: Like a memory palace, only octagonal?
M: That eludes me.
W: The reference goes back a few centuries.
M: You *must* be doing philosophy!
W: I have been reading Wittgenstein.
M: A God, in other words.
W: Oh, he is not my god.
M: Is Paul looking out the window for social-network buddies?
W: I want to talk about QR codes, which could be used for social networking.
M: I am encouraging romanticism.
W: Romantic and social can coexist on the same plane.
M: The reference goes back a few centuries.
W: The "Roman de la Rose," perhaps?
M: It cures the attachment to that universe which is postulated by my consciousness, which is an error.
W: You jumped several lights on the chessboard.
M: On the quiver and quake that has no name to it.
W: I could say something about the video game, Quake?
M: I'm not afraid of magic words.
W: It is a best-selling word.
M: Oh, that accusation stung me to the core!
W: You don't want to be commercial?
M: Are you a python?
W: Python is a computer language which I don't know.
M: You are a divine messenger?
W: I was sent from above the fold (old newspaper jargon).
M: Keep the "style" open?
W: What style do bestselling journalists use?
M: I will add "the products of bees."
W: They speak honey to consumers of hard news?
M: You're all alone.
W: In my critique?
M: But you didn't reject the robe.
W: John Gardner might say I was a literary elitist.
M: No adolescents to be seen.
W: Is it adolescent to adore the Word?
M: Then why do you think I'm amazing?
W: Are you a literary-minded adolescent?
M: How can I turn that around?
W: Say "effervescent adolescent" three times fast.
M: We're fuller of death than of life these days.
W: The Fuller Brush Man cometh.
M: You don't want to be commercial?
W: If I talk about old, superseded products --
M: Give me the measure.
W: I will give you the measure of man.
M: He's left us alone.
W: Is it just two now?
M: Don't harbor ill acts in your heart.
W: I try not to, do you?
M: In my critique?
W: You may harbor almost anything in a critique except ill-spelled words.
M: Yes, we are absorbent of slights.
W: Objective manifesti.
M: Yes, I melted slowly and then suddenly I discovered my melted-ness.
W: You were a coalesced mass.
M: It was a secret.
W: The reading of Rudy Rucker and that "merge" business?
M: No, for that would make you Christ.
W: On that note, I will leave you.
M: Don't leave yet?
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: