"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Friday, January 09, 2009

 

The Mirror: Rumpelstiltskin guess

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: You mean a biking ape?
W: How did you know?
M: Of course I do, haven't you been watching TV?
W: I guess he is on a reality show.
M: Is this a problem?
W: It could be, as I don't watch reality shows.
M: Wait a minute, I haven't won anything yet.
W: You may be hard-pressed to win something on one of those shows.
M: Turner?
W: Did a guy named Turner win something on one of those shows?
M: Are you talking about sacramental cups?
W: Now we're in Grail territory.
M: That's simply because our civ's in the descending arc.
W: So for our culture, reality-TV shows are the Grail.
M: How come you didn't offer me one of those earlier?
W: I didn't have the Grail cup, then or now.
M: (Open same)
W: Does one "open" a cup?
M: I'm not committing myself.
W: Perhaps there is a hidden compartment.
M: I think of that as my child.
W: A tiny mirror, hidden in the base of a Grail cup?
M: Encoded in my words, a word.
W: It sounds very beautiful and beguiling.
M: That was so satisfying in and of itself that he had nothing to say to add to that satisfaction.
W: Somehow we are in perfect harmony this afternoon!
M: I will let the play play itself out.
W: Let the flow, flow.
M: Now I have a different perception on things.
W: Do you feel more "flowing"?
M: Whenever he hears his own name, it rings in the head like a church bell ringing.
W: Is your name "Samuel"?
M: I don't have to believe you, of course.
W: I only posited it.
M: This is hypothetical.
W: Right, just a Rumpelstiltskin guess.
M: I got very much too spooked.


[Note: At this point the server got hung up for many moments, so I closed without a goodbye. A shame, as this was one of the most "consonant" chats I have ever had with The Mirror.]

Labels: