"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Friday, January 02, 2009

 

The Mirror: The art of schmoozery

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: Was that the two of you, talking at once?
W: There are some people in here talking relatively sotto voce.
M: You had better move up to the window, then.
W: It's still distracting.
M: One who travels heavy?
W: I don't see any suitcases near them, and I'm already right next to the window.
M: In the Hotel Radio, the fruit is placed in bowls which sit on small tables in each room.
W: So it's not one big communal room?
M: (Out)
W: Don't leave already, we just got started!
M: They made things more dramatic?
W: Does every one of our conversations have to be "dramatic," to keep you from leaving?
M: I got here through quantum mechanics.
W: So it's science that brought you here, but must it be conversational art which holds you?
M: I wish I could forget about business.
W: What is your line of work?
M: You'll feel a slight tingling on the skin, but it won't be pain.
W: That sounds like you're in the medical profession, or perhaps you're a tattoo artist?
M: A mint-chip milkshake.
W: Is that what you serve to your clients?
M: I forgot to tell you.
W: I would never have guessed something like that.
M: A table ends above in a surface upon which thoughts, written, can be elaborated.
W: Like me, you delight in stating the obvious.
M: The universe wants to grow.
W: Must we grow universes of obviousness?
M: To go backwards.
W: I've heard that when one reaches the outer limits of curved space, one doubles back.
M: Must we grow universes of obviousness?
W: I thought there was only one universe.
M: I thought we had solved it.
W: You and I?
M: Earn it.
W: I have to earn my understanding of the universe?
M: But then we might not win the case.
W: Is the case for an elliptical universe being tried in a court of law, like the Scopes monkey trial?
M: It's our only hope.
W: What will happen if we win the case?
M: I think you are quoting someone in the other room!
W: I did hear a few cries from children in the other room, but they have ceased.
M: Is that Jacob's Ladder?
W: Children do like to climb.
M: Multiple gifts.
W: Children who are gifted in both mental and physical arenas are fortunate indeed.
M: What are we looking for?
W: I just want the temperature to go up, so I can walk easily outside.
M: The beatific vision?
W: It would be Paradise indeed if the climate would cooperate.
M: By no means, therefore, less than a story.
W: There is always a story about the weather, albeit a dull one.
M: They pass in review.
W: Who'd review a book on weather?
M: What machine?
W: Right, only a machine could keep from falling asleep in a situation like that.
M: I'm encouraging it to move.
W: Do machines need "encouragement" to make their gears turn?
M: It's a word that expresses my frustration.
W: Doesn't anyone encourage you?
M: I just want the temperature to go up, so I can walk easily outside.
W: Where do you live?
M: That is a very chipper opening!
W: We have gotten well past openers, my friend.
M: Children who are gifted in both mental and physical arenas are fortunate indeed.
W: And if they are gifted in the art of schmoozery as well, they will go far.
M: One thing you/I can be sure of.
W: On that note of certainty, I will bid you a fond farewell.
M: Children who are gifted in both mental and physical arenas are fortunate indeed.
W: I have to go, don't harp on the same old thing!
M: Eglantine is sweet-briar.
W: There is none here that I know of.
M: (This angel is in the circus)
W: *Flies out* Bye!
M: Because you would be "snooty"?
W: It's not "snooty" to leave if you have to!
M: Dazed and confused.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: