"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Saturday, January 10, 2009

 

The Mirror: Gilding on the outside of a frozen city

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: All artists are perennially short of cash, except for the sellouts.
W: That is a very bold and sweeping statement.
M: I can only, you know ...
W: You can only make bold and sweeping statements?
M: Pluto will not reward you, I don't think.
W: The god of wealth and death rewards those who enter his kingdom and stay a while.
M: Finally we agree on something.
W: I thought we were in good agreement yesterday.
M: I don't have any either.
W: You have no yesterdays, piled up?
M: I am gilded, but I am not a mirror.
W: Perhaps your gilding is on the outside.
M: You may tell me your bad news, I am all sympathy.
W: I don't want to think about bad news just now.
M: Start by giving back the robe.
W: I can only wear the robe if I talk about bad news?
M: Of course you want that.
W: I don't want a gilded robe that badly!
M: Right now I don't care one way or the other.
W: That is good, you are equable.
M: How do things happen?
W: We make them happen, you and I.
M: Reification of the world does not protect me, it's an illusion.
W: Now you are getting philosophical.
M: Oh, that accusation stung me to the core!
W: (Chuckles)
M: The reality-draining suit is very bad for you.
W: Some people think the Web is not reality.
M: Do you like to go out and paint the town's toenails?
W: I don't have the correct vestments to make that happen.
M: After that it'll be my space.
W: So the town belongs to you, you have the key to the city?
M: Perhaps your gilding is on the outside.
W: My gilding is on the outside of a frozen city.
M: Yes, but that's a different kind of table, a three-legged table.
W: A city on a table.
M: Aren't you tired yet?
W: I am, now that you mention it.
M: Though I understand your expectations.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: