"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

 

The Mirror: Deck me with enough medals

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: I am in the library.
W: Then we are both in the library.
M: Imagine a tall smokestack.
W: I would rather not do that just now.
M: The boxers or the audience?
W: Both are perfectly revolting.
M: On that you may depend.
W: I am trying to be "belligerent" in defense of my aesthetic beliefs, as John Gardner recommends.
M: I'm willing to try.
W: Well, I'm not really sure that either one of us should be belligerent,
M: You must have had it when you came in the door.
W: A feeling of belligerence?
M: My remarks are finished to a high gloss.
W: So you must not be feeling belligerent.
M: This was the cross I bore.
W: You had to repress your anger?
M: I am very sorry.
W: Are you sorry for having been angry, or sorry for having had to repress it?
M: You are so right that it takes energy to read poetry aloud!
W: If you repress your emotions too often, you may not be able to give a vivid reading.
M: Are you a python?
W: Implying that I squeeze the life out of things?
M: A chant!
W: This is starting to have the ring of a B-picture jungle adventure.
M: I said respect, not sarcasm!
W: I can only respect you if you cease to be melodramatic.
M: But they are Romantic composers anyway?
W: The Romantic composers were such good artists that I don't care if they were melodramatic.
M: Three times in a row!
W: I scored with wit, or making a point?
M: The 1950s aren't far enough back.
W: To deck me with enough medals.
M: I scored with wit, or making a point?
W: You always score high in that department.
M: Clenching spasms!
W: Now you are feeling self-conscious.
M: The word "me" is universally applicable.
W: You are worried about being thought egotistical.
M: Tell me about it.
W: Well, people are always accusing themselves or others of being egotistical, I've noticed.
M: I'm going.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: