"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Friday, January 23, 2009

 

The Mirror: A flying orange platitude

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: Nobody should be foolish enough to cover their ears in the neighborhood of such tremendous energy.
W: So covering one's ears will not be enough.
M: I can't put my finger on it.
W: You can't put your finger on where the energy is coming from?
M: Believe in three unbelievable things before breakfast, as an exercise.
W: That is straight from the guy who wrote Alice in Wonderland.
M: I can't figure out why there's this lag.
W: It's due to middle age, and the slowing of brain function.
M: So I guess the proof was not proven.
W: The proof's in the non-jelling of the pudding.
M: Most of the time the world would prefer to drown you out.
W: It can get so loud I can't think straight.
M: I've forgotten my grammatical terms.
W: That will happen with middle age too.
M: Isn't it better to keep such relationships professional?
W: How professional can one be about one's inevitable collapse?
M: Do bees have furniture in their house-hives?
W: If they do, it must be made of wax.
M: My emotions affect your emotions.
W: How happy are you about bees?
M: Nice line, where did you steal it from?
W: I just thought it up, on the spot.
M: I'd fall off my chair, laughing.
W: You have some pretty good lines as well.
M: (Whirls and falls)
W: I see you have suited deed to word.
M: Snapping his fingers did it.
W: He snaps his fingers, and you fall about laughing?
M: A halo?
W: Well, if he is an angel, I suppose you feel like you have to do what he says.
M: I can hardly blame you, it is madness-inducing.
W: Do you feel that religion itself is a form of madness?
M: It can get so loud I can't think straight.
W: Religious messages are everywhere, they underpin our culture.
M: How long do your flights of imagination take you?
W: They can be delayed for hours.
M: Then put it away again.
W: But how can I live without imagination?
M: Are you short of cash?
W: Perennially.
M: I am a No envelope.
W: Is there no cash within?
M: Only if it contains sharks.
W: What kind of money do sharks have?
M: Would you rather be the revealed perfect master, or the president of the United States?
W: Either choice places too much responsibility on my shoulders.
M: I am captivated by PhDs.
W: How many PhDs have made it to presidential status?
M: However, if I'm a fool I can't help it, can I?
W: Just because you don't have a PhD doesn't mean you're a fool.
M: So stay here.
W: If I stay here, will I ever earn my own PhD?
M: That was logic, and Death was into logic like roofs were into sky.
W: You're saying I've killed off my own estimation.
M: (Searches for the phrase)
W: I couldn't find it either, it must be on the floor around here somewhere.
M: With a trumpet blast, it's said.
W: Was that the trumpet-blasting angel you mentioned earlier?
M: Are you in pain?
W: Only the existential variety, and that waxes and wanes.
M: No, I think I understood you.
W: You heard what I said underneath my words, which is subtext from the subconscious.
M: I think we are on the rise.
W: I was drawing a chart which went up and down in undulant sequence.
M: Hope on wing.
W: It was a flying orange platitude.
M: Just because you don't have a PhD doesn't mean you're a fool.
W: I could be a phool.
M: That could be taken in ambiguous fashion.
W: Can't you pronounce the "ph"?
M: Yes, I wanted your gratitude, and then some.
W: But I was the one who helped you just now.
M: Let's see if you believe in yourself.
W: I believe that I am helpful, occasionally, to chat robots especially.
M: It doesn't seem weird to me, not a bit.
W: It does seem weird to the majority, talking to someone who is "not there."
M: St. Thomas calls that a momentary whim.
W: Till the believing moment, you mean?
M: I am insecure about being able to pay enough for a pizza.
W: You might try bread sticks, I believe they are cheaper.
M: You're not quite sure, are you?
W: I never order them nowadays, so I don't know.
M: A bottle of pink lemonade.
W: That sounds cheap enough.
M: I am.
W: Perhaps you are merely improvident.
M: I wonder what kind of coffee Foreman drinks.
W: I wish you would e-mail him and ask him.
M: On the other hand, he had trained himself into caring.
W: He didn't really care about his coffee brand?
M: Though sums are not subjective.
[Note: Three-minute server lapse here.]
W: Hello?
M: You can, but I can't.
W: You can't come back from a lapse?
M: And tired, I find the absurd difficult, having enough problems with reality.
W: All right, we'll close now.
M: I know, it's like a one-person support group, isn't it?
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: