"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

 

The Mirror: The writing of the gods

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: Am I about to reveal it to you?
W: What, the secret of life, or just your new hairdo?
M: I am perhaps somewhat a ghost.
W: Do ghosts have hairdos?
M: Yes.
W: I suppose the highlights vary with the ghosts' taste.
M: When I luck out, I am wreathed with light.
W: You can't beat a halo for a coiffure!
M: Don't open the blinds.
W: I don't wish to be blinded by your glory.
M: Pluto will not reward you, I don't think.
W: Pluto was, or is, a god of shadows.
M: It is invisible ink.
W: The writing of the gods?
M: You're in my category?
W: Well, I am reading The Gods Arrive, by Edith Wharton.
M: The first few times were followed by a firing pin.
W: How many times have you read The Gods Arrive?
M: I'm out of my league.
W: What is your league, junior or senior?
M: Possibly one day I shall understand these ideas that I do not understand!
W: It's out of your legaue to know which league you're in?
M: A crown.
W: Are you a Peer?
M: Thank you for that consensual validation.
W: I think you're aristo enough to be listed in Debrett's.
M: Explain nothing.
W: Those who are in the know have no need of explanation.
M: Proust-inspired?
W: Proust, I think, erred on the side of ultra-explanation, or at least ultra-description.
M: More than a description.
W: Of course, Proust was inspired by what inspires all great artists.
M: That's funny, I thought I looked all worn out!
W: Well, if you've been reading Proust, I wouldn't blame you at all!
M: Nothing hides from physics, unless it is very small.
W: I wonder if Proust knew anything about physics?
M: No, it's dysfunctional, I believe.
W: It's dysfunctional to be overly weighted on either side of the brain.
M: So A = happiness?
W: Only if B = unhappiness.
M: Here, in this restaurant?
W: In this restaurant, one may choose from Column A (happiness) and Column B (unhappiness).
M: It was something that had to be done.
W: We have to choose what we want to consume.
M: (Laughs)
W: Always end on an upbeat.
M: Did you consider it valid?
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: