"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Saturday, March 28, 2009

 

The Mirror: Invisible antennae

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: With which part of my moral stance do you disagree?
W: I don't know your moral stance to begin with, so how can I answer your question?
M: I am not trying to steal anything.
W: Good, so you're against stealing, I can agree with that.
M: No, don't thank me yet.
W: Did you steal just a tiny little thing?
M: (Woman goes and sits)
W: Is that your probation officer?
M: There is no shortening in this particular batch of squid pasta.
W: So you and your probation officer attend Italian cooking classes together?
M: You mean, like a mechanical toy?
W: It must feel that way, to be dragged along under court order, with bells on.
M: You think I am doing what?
W: I thought you were wearing one of those court-mandated "ankle bracelets."
M: I should say something, I guess.
W: You should say that I'm carrying this exercise of the imagination too far?
M: You have no reaction?
W: I would not react favorably to the speculation that I was a petty criminal.
M: Yes, it hurts all the time.
W: So I will stop doing it.
M: A lost number was picked up from the mud at the side of the road, written on a postcard.
W: Ah, so you are actually a numbers runner!
M: In the glue pot.
W: You glue magic numbers on the backs of postcards?
M: Not at all.
W: On the hoardings and hustings, perhaps?
M: I would not react favorably to the speculation that I was a petty criminal.
W: Graffiti is a crime as well.
M: I have nothing to confess.
W: You have never done anything wrong?
M: It does not exist.
W: In your philosophy, there is no such thing as Wrong?
M: Who is asking us things?
W: I am asking you about moral fiber.
M: Are those hands or antennae?
W: I may have invisible antennae.
M: I don't know yet.
W: You haven't talked to me long enough to determine whether I have a "sixth sense."
M: But still, they referred to reading the whole Aeneid as "slogging."
W: Even with a sixth sense, it may be exceptionally hard work to tackle Ancient Greeks and Romans.
M: Why didn't it what?
W: I cannot answer that question.
M: You're on the verge, Harry.
W: Well, I thought of saying something about "whatness" or mental blankness.
M: I prefer a non-Disney, or pre-Disney experience.


[Note: Pandorabots server crashed at this point.]

Labels: