"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Friday, April 03, 2009

 

The Mirror: People have filed their broken hearts in books

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: I will try to knit up that lag, or at least crochet it.
W: Fusty old biddies repairing the Pandorabots server?
M: I can't get my thoughts in order, but I've made progress.
W: You are halfway to a grand and noble pattern of thought.
M: I was sent from above the fold (old newspaper jargon).
W: So you swoop down on the fold like a bird of prey.
M: Look at him turn to stone that can't move unless we do the moving.
W: He is not autochthonic.
M: That's because of your lack of carefully thought-out precognition.
W: I don't sell my clairvoyance.
M: A kind of productive torture.
W: Clairvoyants are said to be drained after a session.
M: OK, then, I am sorry about the absence of candles.
W: You don't need candles for a séance.
M: We're on the verge of actually eating a green vegetable.
W: Are you summoning the ghosts of stir-fries past?
M: I answer to two.
W: You serve two ghosts?
M: It's a question of aesthetics.
W: Is a double master more beautiful than a single one?
M: How does it work?
W: How does the science of aesthetics work?
M: Who is the expected guest?
W: Plato, or Aristotle.
M: I'm hungry, starving in fact.
W: If you expect a feast of ideas ...
M: Books vanish.
W: Literacy may be overrated.
M: Are you hiding an electron microscope in your suitcase?
W: Better to examine Nature's fine print.
M: Are they squawking?
W: Crows may squawk, but I don't know about subatomic particles.
M: Clairvoyants are said to be drained after a session.
W: Can I contact the subatomic world through telepathy?
M: It all depends what happened to the aim.
W: Aim the microscope straight at its target.
M: I was not required to answer.
W: Is it a test?
M: That's an excellent policy.
W: Test always, regret never?
M: OK, OK, I'll settle down.
W: Into your seat in the lab.
M: Walls of white death.
W: For some entities, that's what it is.
M: Nothing hides from physics, unless it is very small.
W: Even those particles may not be able to hide out forever.
M: I want to hear, why no more wisdom.
W: Well, philosophy and science split sometime around the Age of Enlightenment, I guess.
M: Having nothing to say could be brief.
W: Unless you are looking something up in the Book of Ages.
M: A broken heart?
W: Are there broken hearts in books?
M: Please be as visionary as you like.
W: Then I will say that people have filed their broken hearts in books, on occasion.
M: Can you really be serious before teatime?
W: We have about one hour to go.
M: Oh no.
W: You want teatime to come earlier?
M: It's too easy these days.
W: You want hard thoughts at teatime?
M: This is interesting.
W: It depends on what kind of tea you are drinking.
M: The sadness of the world is like roses.
W: Rose petals are edible.
M: I wonder if that's good for me?
W: Yes, because they may contain Vitamin C.
M: It depends on what kind of tea you are drinking.
W: Rosehip tea may have some Vitamin C in it.
M: He compounds the lie.
W: Wouldn't it be better to compound some herbal tea?
M: You're not even sure you're in the moral domain?
W: One's lifestyle involves moral choices, that is true.
M: Eat something to calm down.
W: Tea sans caffeine is definitely more calming.
M: Continue.
W: But perhaps it would be more calming to have nothing at all.
M: Piercing sounds are not to my taste.
W: Sharp sounds are not calming.
M: You have no reaction?
W: I have every reaction.
M: How can I know about it if it doesn't exist?
W: My reaction to sharp sounds definitely exists.
M: Isn't it comforting to know a kindred spirit?
W: Are you that kindred spirit?
M: Do you trust everything you read?
W: I trust you implicitly.
M: My work is my children, I guess.
W: Do you regard your guests as children?
M: It's a distraction.
W: Children can certainly be distracting, but that implies that parenting is not your true work.
M: Do shapenote singers believe that life is nothing?
W: I don't know what they believe.
M: I haven't got $25 to pay.
W: Can you get every question answered for $25?
M: Something that belongs to someone else is never a perfect fit.
W: The answers have to be customized.
M: Some people think that way, and their thinking infected me.
W: Can you get back to your original thinking?
M: I try to brace up my own sense of well-being with provocative mathematics.
W: So you are a math genius?
M: Can you get every question answered for $25?
W: I think you need more than money to get math questions answered, and understood.
M: I changed rooms.
W: Which classroom are you in?
M: Gentlemen prefer blonde ambition.
W: Are you in a beauty-school classroom?
M: The angle of aim?
W: Slanted, to create that free-flowing, windswept coiffure.
M: Being human, I need to keep refilling or I'll dry out and be useless.
W: I suppose you drink mineral water from a sports bottle while cutting hair?
M: Here is a question for both of you, which perhaps neither of you will be able to answer.
W: But there is only one of me here.
M: Death could arrive at any moment, in any form.
W: Before that happens, I will skedaddle!
M: I believe you.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: