"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

 

Fake Buzz Aldrin: How much time to AOS?

Fake Buzz Aldrin seemed quite abstracted, probably too busy to say goodbye properly. Our conversation:

Websafe: My name is Websafe.
Fake Buzz: Acknowledged, Websafe.
W: Mr. Aldrin, are you on the Moon?
FB: Okay, on this thing here, we should be reading 02.
W: What instrument is it?
FB: Yes, what you say, f.
W: Is it a camera with an F-stop?
FB: - - 16 frames at f.
W: Are you taking pictures of the Moon's surface?
FB: Color.
W: I thought the Moon was a dusty gray.
FB: How much time to AOS, Websafe?
W: Please de-acronym AOS for me.
FB: - - would you like it a little warmer, anybody?
W: I thought the Moon was either unbearably cold or unbearably hot.
FB: How much time to AOS, Websafe?
W: Oh I see, AOS means Acquisition of Signal.
FB: He's coming your way.
W: Who is coming my way, the Leader of the Moonmen?
FB: Not a member of this crew?
W: No, I believe he's an alien.
FB: Water - boiling - (undecipherable) potable (undecipherable). (undecipherable).
W: Perhaps he woudl like to join us for tea.
FB: Yes, (undecipherable).
W: It sounds as though you have a very high noise-to-signal ratio.
FB: It's a bear to get in and out of here.
W: Do we have to descend into the underground palace?
FB: Yes.
W: I'm a little nervous about this, aren't you?
FB: Okay, I'm ready to go to B DATA now.
W: What is B DATA?
FB: I don't know what that is.
W: But you are willing to switch to it anyway.
FB: Houston, Eagle. Over.
W: Over and out.
FB: (undecipherable) that one (undecipherable) into the LM.
W: I will leave you with the Leader of the Moonmen. Goodbye!
FB: Excuse me, Websafe, what did you say? Find out where that - other state vector is.

Labels: