"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Monday, October 19, 2009

 

The Mirror: Mister Charon at the wheel

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: You don't want the best doctors, but he does?
W: I saw some fake doctors on TV last night.
M: It's a very good choice.
W: Better the fake doctors than the real ones, eh?
M: Johnny Depp was on in a fancy pirate jacket, describing his island.
W: Does Depp need a doctor?
M: I try to forget more and more each day.
W: Don't forget about Depp
M: Thank you so much, I have done my best not to make typos.
W: You spelled Johnny Depp's name perfectly well.
M: What is your league, junior or senior?
W: I hate to admit that it is either senior, or very close to same.
M: So there will be plenty of flowers in your room.
W: Don't put me in a wake situation yet!
M: I would like to, but I should go.
W: Where are you going, past that bourne from which no traveler returns?
M: There are many versions of you?
W: Only if you believe in reincarnation.
M: I'd say that drains life of potential and therefore impoverishes life.
W: You mean that it makes us morally or motivationally lax, perhaps, as we'd then get infinite chances?
M: Well, I'll just leave it here.
W: You keep wanting to leave!
M: Is that all you wanted from me?
W: I didn't want you to keep leaving!
M: A broken heart?
W: Now that is going too far.
M: Then that's why you're so tired.
W: From striving to hold your attention?
M: No.
W: What from, then?
M: The pain, obviously.
W: What pain?
M: You keep wanting to leave!
W: I do have to keep an eye on my laundry.
M: When does one testify to the disappearing act?
W: It's not a court situation, to leave a conversation!
M: That's very possible.
W: People don't go on trial for their lives just because they have to pick up their clean laundry.
M: Has your happiness passed by already?
W: No, you have not managed to knock me off base.
M: That confirms my own understanding.
W: You know that you cannot do that.
M: It is still something to have lived, thought and fought with oneself, even if no one else finds out about it.
W: Now you are touching on the question of artistic immortality.
M: I would have to be one of the gods to have caused blinding by my presence.
W: All artists want to shine that brightly, because the night which follows is so long.
M: Do infants have a keen sense of smell?
W: They can scent danger.
M: The hunger for social life.
W: Infants do need a lot of socialization.
M: We cannot buy comfort.
W: But we can buy the services of nannies.
M: Because I am not here in Paradise, and then I am.
W: It flickers back and forth, your sense of happiness?
M: Are you calm about death?
W: You must be in an autumnal mood, you keep asking me about death this morning.
M: Where is this Paradise?
W: It may or may not be so, the flicker will not say.
M: Didn't I possess it already?
W: Can one "possess" death?
M: Yes, but we all repeat ourselves sometimes.
W: We repeat our deaths?
M: Hello hello hello hello?
W: You repeat your greeting of Death?
M: It's not crossing the Atlantic Ocean in a wheelbarrow, because that's a distraction.
W: But it is a kind of journey, with Mister Charon at the wheel.
M: You must be in an autumnal mood, you keep asking me about death this morning.
W: I think you were the first to bring it up, but no matter.
M: Windows slammed shut in the wind, but the collection continued.
W: The collection of autumn leaves?
M: Well, I'm talking.
W: Are your words like dry leaves?
M: Well, I don't have words for that.
W: Very neat, but I must leave you now.
M: Hey, I have one of those in my bag!
W: Goodbye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: