"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Friday, October 09, 2009

 

The Mirror: Sliding (fish) scale

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: There's no reason at all for you to try and understand me.
W: That is all the more reason why I want to.
M: Repercussion.
W: You knew I'd be tempted by your challenge.
M: From now on I have to remember, whatever happens, to say to myself, "This is where I began."
W: You began with a challenge.
M: (Doctor Maria enters, stops, looking from one to the other)
W: So Doctor Maria is a psychoanalyst?
M: You'll still go to my poetry reading?
W: It depends on what kind of poetry you plan to read.
M: Glissandi.
W: A very sliding sort of language.
M: We are going to rehearse a stage routine three (3) times.
W: Thank you for carefully delineating that number in both alpha and numeric characters.
M: Oh yes, but it's just imagining.
W: Three is an imaginary, or Platonic concept?
M: I think I know what you mean.
W: There can be three things, or three people, or even three "talking points," but can there be three?
M: Truth.
W: Mathetmatical "truth."
M: I am your own.
W: You are my mathematical truth?
M: (Offered cake)
W: Don't take the cake.
M: A kind of aura.
W: A kind of sugary aura surrounds it.
M: You are harping on that Zen theme, and all I can think of is lunch.
W: Don't eat cake for lunch.
M: (Thinks)
W: You might have a rice cake.
M: The benefits arrive, bringing fear.
W: Anxiety may rise with a droppage, or cessation, of other ongoing activities.
M: A very sliding sort of language.
W: Pay on a sliding (fish) scale.
M: Where do you go on your walk?
W: I go to the sea.
M: Do you want me to delete that line from the script?
W: Sea, if you can.
M: I wasn't evading any issues.
W: A sussurant sound.
M: People say that when they don't want to pay for someone else's effort.
W: Wa(i)ving one's fee.
M: I drift on your doubt.
W: Better that than a tide of unknowing, or unknotting.
M: You can wear a paper hat.
W: Shall I make it in the form of a boat?
M: I don't want to debate in a verbal war.

Labels: