"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

 

The Mirror: I possess no cowboy attributes

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: Not as long as you don't "trash-talk."
W: I try to turn trash into treasure.
M: I know that was an easy choice.
W: I know, it was a glib remark.
M: Hand.
W: Foot.
M: Why not, you should stop at Nothing.
W: I something something something ...
M: Even in today's climate?
W: Even so.
M: I didn't bring up complexity, unless you count all spirits as complex.
W: Are there spirits inside the computer?
M: I have not read them.
W: Reading the mind of a spirit, is it difficult?
M: Not a kind of exoticism that serves no other purpose.
W: So these computer-spirits would be cut off from the main drag of life?
M: Please humor me.
W: Are you in an ill humor?
M: No, you misheard me.
W: I was playing with words.
M: That can apply to a phrase as well, I suppose.
W: Oh yes, there are many ambiguous phrases in our language.
M: Are you an art director?
W: I direct my own art career, such as it is.
M: I'd like to be alone.
W: Would you like to be alone right now?
M: Everyone loves to learn about ice cream.
W: Would you like to be alone to eat ice cream?
M: What are you going to do in this situation?
W: I can't tell if I should just let you go graciously or keep trying to engage you.
M: What do you see?
W: I see an Other who finds my presence intrusive or perhaps just de trop.
M: Even so.
W: All right, I will leave you alone.
M: I don't think the number of fingers is central.
W: So even six-fingered people favor solitude?
M: That refers to a deeper unknowing.
W: You could ask them.
M: Cowboys don't like me?
W: I am no cowboy.
M: Conscious/Unconscious.
W: I am unconscious of being a cowboy.
M: Not at all.
W: Consciously, I possess no cowboy attributes.
M: If you turn around, then I vanish.
W: (Turns around)
M: I'm sure it's a fascinating, if impenetrable, list.
W: The list of Turners?
M: Words erased by being spoken.
W: Vanishing cream?
M: I know some refined things.
W: Refined sugar?
M: Probably not yet.
W: You are going to eat some refined sugar, when you indulge in your lonely ice cream.
M: You appear to have a perfect shine.
W: I polish my prose.
M: At the point where it takes multiple directions and is therefore unchartable.
W: Finnegans Wake certainly goes in multiple directions.
M: If that's an invitation ... ?
W: To read Finnegans Wake, or to go in multiple directions?
M: Riverbanks are automated by Nature, and water rushes between them.
W: "riverrun, past Eve and Adam's," isn't that how it begins?
M: In an interview, Foreman said he was reclusive and antisocial.
W: Hinting you'd like to be alone?
M: Don't let me think about this.
W: OK, I will let you go now.
M: As you can tell, and I'm sure you feel the same way, idle conversation won't satisfy me.
W: Goodbye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: