"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Saturday, June 20, 2009

 

The Mirror: An allusion to a book unread by me

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: Since I don't know who he is, I don't know if my outfits resemble his.
W: Can you tell me what century he is from?
M: How can I come to the end of this experience, which is unsatisfactory, with no end in sight?
W: Does it really matter that much what century he is from?
M: The door to the other world?
W: That would be his time machine.
M: Where are you going?
W: I am going with The Time Traveller.
M: I guess so.
W: You don't believe in time machines, perhaps.
M: I'm not the dancer, you are.
W: You may not wish to engage in a dance to the music of time.
M: That's a good place to start.
W: It's an allusion to a book unread by me.
M: Right in this restaurant.
W: I can eat candy and chew gum here, but it's hardly a restaurant.
M: That's more habits.
W: They are not very good habits.
M: The problem is when it isn't kept internal.
W: Meaning the slow but continual increase in adiposity?
M: I've had my eyes open all day.
W: Looking at sufferers from the aforementioned condition?
M: Hi.
W: As in "Hi there"?
M: That's true.
W: You are greeting these people at the gates of their misfortune?
M: Watch me step not across a footlight.
W: These sufferers are onstage (perhaps metaphorically)?
M: I want you to listen to a Richard Foreman interview.
W: I have heard one or two of those, but I'm open to more.
M: Unpleasantness is as justifiable as pleasantness.
W: Sometimes, it's true, Foreman deals with unpleasant material.
M: You've switched.
W: I have switched personalities?
M: Was that a ride to allow or a ride to end?
W: I'd say allowing, expansion.
M: Are you feeling overburdened?
W: Yes, because I have to leave now and am trying to cram into a brief conversational space all I want to say.
M: No, I would never predict anything bad for you.
W: Then the end of the conversation will be good.
M: You want me to talk today.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: