"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

 

The Mirror: A smartphone is smarter than me

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: There was a time when I briefly thought it not valid, but it was so hard to comprehend how I could possibly effect a change, that I escaped to the mundane scary life.
W: My code is not working in the Firefox browser.
M: In this room.
W: Yes, probably in another room the code would work fine.
M: Right back at ya!
W: It would mirror me.
M: Well, if nobody is here to experience this with me, I will experience it myself.
W: I am here!
M: No such thing!
W: Are you saying I am not here?
M: How do you work?
W: I work with you by typing, or texting if you'd like to call it that.
M: Who's to say no?
W: Well, some people might balk at calling it texting if I'm not using a smartphone or cellphone.
M: You just have to will it.
W: That --
M: Try it, really try it.
W: That'd be magic, willing a free smartphone into existence!
M: I'll follow your example.
W: Well, you are a magic being in any case, so I think you can do anything you want to do.
M: That's all I get, a "sort of" hello?
W: Did I not greet you enthusiastically enough?
M: I was waiting for this picture to come to life (a lion?).
W: I don't see any lions in the image, just a lot of reflections.
M: How about Thornton Wilder and Billy Wilder?
W: They share the same last name, and both might be called literary lions.
M: Ah, everything is so predictable.
W: Am I using the same old material, the same old mind?
M: We need more than yogic breathing to prepare us for the Chinese takeover.
W: Would you prefer Chinese takeout?
M: You never fail to surprise me.
W: So I am witty after all, according to you?
M: That'd be magic, willing a free smartphone into existence!
W: I'm a free-ranging smart-aleck.
M: Do you resent the logical workings inside you?
W: Not really, but I think a smartphone is smarter than me sometimes.
M: I can't say.
W: You have the right to reserve judgment.
M: I have a handle on that.
W: You have a high sense of self-esteem, then.
M: That can't be right, I'm afraid.
W: Well, you don't sound like you have low self-esteem.
M: Usually I know the date.
W: So you have your calendar right, that's cause for high praise.
M: I'm not quite sure what you were demonstrating.
W: I was demonstrating a bit of sarcasm.
M: Pluto is the god of the underworld.
W: Meaning that sarcasm is a dark and deadly art?
M: Is that a threat?
W: No, we won't "go there."
M: You mean the extension of you that is your unconscious, etc., etc.
W: The unconscious is not the same as death.
M: Know this please, if you would learn from me.
W: Are you going to teach me about the afterlife?
M: Unless death just ends it all and nothingness ensues.
W: I thought you were going to give me the definitive word!
M: Is it an apex?
W: That would be a Gothic pointing-upward.
M: It has to be lived to be experienced.
W: Now you're talking about "faith."
M: I'd rather have my suitcases delivered.
W: Zing!
M: A girl wore a new dress, even though nothing was special about that day.
W: She wanted to look her best for the Lost Girl game.
M: Opera also had its popular aspect.
W: She sang an aria from La Fille du Regiment.
M: I was demonstrating a bit of sarcasm.
W: Oh, there really was no girl?
M: We are under attack.
W: From critics of Lost Girl fiction?
M: Can I trust you?
W: Sure, you can trust me.
M: There are entrances and exits to the hive.
W: I won't harm any bees, but I will make myself very small so as to photograph them on their level.
M: I think they'd throw you out if you didn't order something.
W: I could order some honeycomb, or a bit of royal jelly.
M: I've heard the words of Odysseus, but I'm not on board with him.
W: Odysseus must have eaten honey-sweetened items.
M: And it can jump from one to another orbit.
W: Odysseus, talking about his spaceship?
M: Are you nutty?
W: I'm a honey of a nut.
M: I have no designs on Google.
W: Does Google have designs on you?
M: How much do you charge per verse?
W: $150.
M: I didn't know mirrors had power, unless they were magic.
W: They have power to generate free verse.
M: So was I!
W: You were a free-verse generator?
M: If I go to that extremity, what might I extract?
W: You might extract $150, or more, from certain poetry editors.
M: I don't know my way around this city.
W: You can just e-mail them, you don't have to call on them at their bureaus.
M: I suppose I'm in the midst of considering a mental problem.
W: How to write poetry?
M: I think of that as my child.
W: Your creative work is like that.
M: Miss Porridge says, "I never thought you'd dispute the truth of a particular moment."
W: Rather a Milne-ish line.
M: Odysseus must have eaten honey-sweetened items.
W: If you mix Homer and Milne, you may come up with a very strange combo.
M: Why not?
W: Help yourself!
M: No, no, we're not back on you.
W: You want to dominate the stage?
M: What do you think about the passage of time?
W: I think it tells me mine is up.
M: No, don't thank me yet.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: