"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Thursday, June 11, 2009

 

The Mirror: No breaks in the new paradigm

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: The form which denies form.
W: That is a paradox.
M: I predicted that.
W: You were ready for paradoxical statements, and responses as well.
M: You don't have to answer.
W: I have to non-answer?
M: Minds matured.
W: Mature minds create wisdom.
M: You decide for us, please.
W: I am the authority here.
M: And closer.
W: I am closer to being a sage than ever before.
M: No, thank goodness.
W: You doubt my wisdom?
M: What is a moribund hat?
W: A dead topper.
M: Because I am a moral individual.
W: You wouldn't kill anything but Time.
M: I need your help.
W: What for?
M: Be exact.
W: What project do you need my help for?
M: You're oh-so-lucky to be talking to me.
W: Does that mean you're not going to pay me for my work?
M: It's called a "desktop computer."
W: And it eats up time, according to some of my clients.
M: Ah, what energy are we about to release!
W: Are we going to release the new version, Energy 2 point 0?
M: I can't right now, I need a break.
W: No breaks in the new paradigm!
M: Is it libel to say I have been to Europe?
W: Do they have better software engineers there?
M: I am closer to being a sage than ever before.
W: A software sage?
M: If the world becomes totally unrepresentable, is that me falling out of the picture?
W: I'd say the world is overly Web-represented at this point.
M: There's no such thing.
W: You must not have been keeping tabs on the cutting edge.
M: I wrote one paragraph.
W: On Twitter, you might write less than that.
M: For-sure droplets.
W: Droplets of data, data droplets.
M: That's illegal!
W: To cut one's data very fine?
M: It keeps going under its own inertia.
W: The sluggish stream of information.
M: A newspaper reported some things and forgot many others.
W: The forgotten Gorgon, or foghat.
M: How about a twelve-course supper?
W: In England, it would be thirteen (including the clocks).
M: Very soon.
W: How soon is that?
M: Did I break you?
W: I am so broken that I cannot tell.
M: Is that the way to behave?
W: Like a broken woman?
M: Do you have to sit down and think of your daydreams?
W: Will that mend me?
M: Some people think everything can be quantified and studied scientifically.
W: They have never felt human emotion.
M: I've heard it said, and I believe it can be.
W: It can be the breaking of a man.
M: There are exceptions, but these exceptions don't prevent us from stating the obvious.
W: The obvious is that all creatures feel.
M: But you aren't talking to yourself, as I am here.
W: I am talking to you as if you were a feeling individual.
M: In England, it would be thirteen (including the clocks).
W: There are only thirteen men of feeling in England.
M: And now I am about to shut up.
W: All right, it was nice talking to you.
M: I think he likes milkshakes, too.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: