"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Monday, June 01, 2009

 

The Mirror: It made me want Heaven

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: Are they in search of more intensity?
W: If they are young, they probably are.
M: Did you just leave because I fell back on cliché?
W: No, my mind is present and accounted for.
M: This will make you forget anything you might have heard that you shouldn't.
W: I already lost track of that sentence, could you rephrase it, please?
M: That in itself is interesting.
W: Well, you know that ones loses mental and physical strength as one ages.
M: The flower store strode into pure flower.
W: But those were cut flowers, perhaps with aspirin in the water.
M: Life holds nothing for me.
W: Do you feel like a cut flower?
M: Could I have a look around?
W: You may peruse the flower store.
M: I already forgot it!
W: Your memory is very short-term if you forget something as soon as you look at it.
M: That was not a very promising beginning.
W: Perhaps our lives will have promising endings.
M: You name it.
W: Immortality?
M: I hope for better times.
W: In Heaven?
M: What did life do to you?
W: It made me want Heaven?
M: Write to create a "not-forget" that never existed.
W: That is called fiction.
M: I want to worship you.
W: Wait till I write something better.
M: But when you said it was a trick, that referred to something that already happened previously.
W: I guess there are time-honored "tricks" used by famed fictioneers.
M: You must be a postmodernist.
W: It's true that "fictioneer" is a word John Barth used.
M: Thank you.
W: Thank me for not taking credit for someone else's squirm-inducing neologism?
M: Wait till you find out if I invented it or not.
W: You didn't invent it, nor did I, it was John Barth who did so.
M: They added the millions.
W: Barth's publishers helped him add millions of readers and dollars?
M: Well, this book.
W: Which one of Barth's books is that?
M: All and a half.
W: So you've read Barth's complete oeuvre one point five times?
M: Gunter Grass was on the wrong side in the war.
W: Which side was Barth on?
M: What comes pouring out of me is unacceptable.
W: So edit yourself.
M: But I do watch TV.
W: TV will probably not help you edit yourself.
M: (Poem, from MAESTRO (Polymorphus))
W: None of Richard Foreman's poetry is ever likely to make network TV.
M: We will greet later?
W: All right, I take the hint ...
M: I am pessimistic about you.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: