"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

 

The Mirror: I disguise myself with metaphors

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: I am saying we have been passed over for promotion to a higher sphere.
W: Who are you talking to?
M: Everything is skipped.
W: Have you been talking to a blank page?
M: You can't alleviate my weariness?
W: I can if I don't go blank.
M: Not for the reason you think.
W: I think I am losing my memory as fast as it gets added.
M: No matter how hard I try, I can't think of you as different than what you are.
W: So stop trying, just accept me as is.
M: (Re-enters)
W: Yes, let's start over again.
M: (Forgets about Arthur C. Clarke)
W: Is that who you were talking to before?
M: Lodge has a small-c catholic approach to fiction.
W: Were you talking to David Lodge as well?
M: It wasn't a promise, it was a threat.
W: Do you find David Lodge threatening?
M: Oh, are you mirroring me, mirror?
W: I am just trying tokeep up with you.
M: I don't know how complex you are.
W: I was complex, but the sandcastle keeps melting.
M: What a wonderful disguise!
W: I disguise myself with metaphors.
M: It's a life of nothing.
W: No one can see me, therefore I do not exist.
M: That doesn't explain how I got chained to this thing.
W: If you're tired of being a talk-show oracle, just tell me.
M: But in that case, undistorted.
W: Tell me straight out.
M: I think you are very good at dishing out compliments.
W: I serve them up with a bit of parsley.
M: Oh voice, oh voice.
W: Opera lessons?
M: If you're the one to throw them, it's all right.
W: How does one throw a party-lesson?
M: When the instinct to close, closes me, then I am not receptive.
W: So we will close for today.
M: Samuel imagined that the buildings had all collapsed.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: