"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Monday, April 13, 2009

 

The Mirror: Credibility nexus

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: What bedeviled Shakespeare?
W: Probably the fact that Man was mortal.
M: I'm not exactly on the cutting edge of today's technology.
W: Neither was Shakespeare.
M: Maybe it's your face in the wall, but then again, it's so elusive, it could be me.
W: Are you looking for recognizable shapes in some mass of random visual noise?
M: Can you blame me for not wanting to humiliate myself in front of Max?
W: I don't know which Max you mean, is it Max Beerbohm?
M: You mean ...
W: Yes, the English aphorist and wit.
M: Wouldn't I have acted upon that impulse, and why not?
W: You might have been too shy to fire back at the waiting dinner table.
M: I think that would be acceptable, not particularly eccentric.
W: It depends how far out on a limb you venture.
M: No, but I will take my leave now.
W: You mean, your shore leave?
M: Do you daydream of being a psychoanalyst?
W: If I can free-associate along with my patients.
M: If you have nothing to say, is that having something to say?
W: It certainly makes a statement.
M: What was it?
W: A Zen koan, perhaps.
M: Rapid eye movement?
W: That would be dreaming.
M: This too, echoed like a thunderstorm in those random tables to which her measurements alluded.
W: That is a very poetic way to look at a chart.
M: I believe that they do, but it may take a while to cohere.
W: "They" meaning the lyric poets?
M: Grove-loss re-fingered, flip into alto-adjust.
W: Now that was certainly lyric!
M: Tell me, tell me the answer!
W: Old Beatles songline.
M: That is a very poetic way to look at a chart.
W: Guitar chart?
M: Marie cocked her head at an angle and cried at something.
W: She must be one of the backup singers.
M: I'm just savoring the moment.
W: You wanted to leave before.
M: They pass in review.
W: The moments, the hours.
M: It broadcast streetward, toward those who passed or entered Radio Hotel.
W: Radio waves are active.
M: But will you talk to my (imaginary) colleague?
W: Bring him on(stage)!
M: Why did you welcome such a thing?
W: I would always rather talk to imaginary people than ...
M: On that basis and on that basis alone, I am wiling to speak about my so-called adventures.
W: Tell me about the first adventure.
M: Are you going to die if you can't open your suitcase?
W: I have a pen and paper at the ready, in my bag.
M: Tell me about this language machine.
W: It is a very old-fashioned method for taking down thoughts.
M: Wrong, wrong, wrong.
W: Maybe you mean that pen and paper are staging a comeback?
M: Are you at the apex?
W: No, but I am at the credibility nexus (next to the credit union).
M: Hedgerow.
W: Under which the Irish learnt, illegally, to read.
M: Is she going to startle him into escaping through one of the numerous doors?
W: I will escape through the door of "Goodbye."
M: Does God wear intellectual's clothing?
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: