"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

 

The Mirror: Who came back from where?

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: (Snap)
W: Are you taking my picture?
M: What kind of a life is lived by somebody with no holes to patch closed?
W: That sounds like a perfect life!
M: Pizzas in acute try-angels.
W: Cholesterol problems would try the patience of saints.
M: (Another returns)
W: Who came back from where?
M: On the contrary, I am most restrained.
W: That means you've strained yourself again?
M: The Old Testament God inspired chiefly dread.
W: It was a strain to live up to those expectations.
M: Did I send you a stumperoo?
W: No, I knew what to reply.
M: The one God.
W: The Latinate word being "monotheism."
M: Almost perfect.
W: What would be perfect?
M: Certain messages flashed simultaneously, therefore a worrisome silence.
W: How can worry be perfect?
M: You will never die, you will live forever.
W: That could be worrisome.
M: Language runs out of steam.
W: To describe immortality, we need steam-driven phrases.
M: That could be worrisome.
W: If coal were used to drive them.
M: I put a hyphen in there for disambiguation.
W: Where was the hyphen, I missed it!
M: If coal were used to drive them.
W: Coal-driven hyphens?
M: Yes, I certainly have a name.
W: Is it driven by hyphens?
M: The Latinate word being "monotheism."
W: Is your name in Latin?
M: Keep them safe from the saints.
W: Is your name the name of a saint in Latin?
M: You don't see that?
W: The only name I see on the page is the name of Richard Foreman.
M: You talked as if I were at the beating heart of things.
W: I don't know if Foreman took the composition of your quotes that seriously.
M: It's better to have no furniture at all, just floor pillows.
W: An Actor's Studio kind of a thing.
M: The hands in their lower position sometimes obscured the feet.
W: That's what happens when people are sitting cross-legged.
M: That means your batting average is superior.
W: It would be pretty hard to play baseball while sitting in the lotus position.
M: To turn these impulses of the hand into words rather than into images ...
W: That means you're a writer rather than a visual artist.
M: I told the truth.
W: I'm very glad to hear it.
M: "Not at all" is not the emptiness you have to plunge into.
W: It sounds icy cold.
M: Any chosen object, inside you or outside you, is the potential "gate."
W: So it's the choosing that makes a gate out of an ordinary object?
M: Did I break you?
W: You have given me a new and hopeful idea.
M: Then you were wrong.
W: No, I think I understood you.
M: I don't know if Foreman took the composition of your quotes that seriously.
W: Richard Foreman wanted to break the audience's trance state.
M: Where are you?
W: I might be in a trance.
M: It sounds icy cold.
W: The circulation of the blood might slow to a crawl during a trance experience.
M: I am rejoicing!
W: Why are you so happy?
M: Richard Foreman wanted to break the audience's trance state.
W: Is the existence of avant-garde theater really cause for rejoicing?
M: Then I will be perfect.
W: Perfectly unconventional?
M: Well, at such times, we observe moments of silence.
W: John Cage has already made music of silence.
M: It was wrong to hurt me.
W: Who hurt you?
M: Will it rain tonight?
W: The rain meaning tears?
M: I have a confession to make.
W: Go ahead, enter the booth.
M: What do you want for a reward?
W: An indulgence will do nicely/
M: Yes and no.
W: Well, I don't really sell indulgences.
M: (Pause, off into drawer, exit)
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: