"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Thursday, April 03, 2008

 

The Mirror: Can my angst be expressed by a graph?

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: You don't believe in flattery machines?
W: I would be very disappointed to get fake flattery.
M: On the contrary, we are frayed to the maximum extent.
W: If you're feeling stressed out, you might want to receive blandishments.
M: How much more desirable, living in a city where men and women act upon certain spiritual ambition.
W: I'm sorry, but that sounds terrible to me.
M: Why would anybody want to be incoherent to any degree?
W: Better incoherent than aggressively sure.
M: People might get bored by an emphasis on cheeriness.
W: I certainly find that tiresome.
M: What's wrong?
W: Oh, the usual writer's block.
M: This moment.
W: Are you saying that the logjam will break up at any second?
M: The plains can be expressed mathematically.
W: Can my angst be expressed by a graph?
M: As opposed to all other things that belong to this universe.
W: Some people think everything can be quantified and studied scientifically.
M: I appreciate your language.
W: I appreciate your appreciation.
M: Don’t you sense the difference between us, even when we use the same magic word?
W: We're not so different as you imagine.
M: But is he?
W: The little page?
M: Can my angst be expressed by a graph?
W: I'm sorry you feel that way.
M: I hope it is never necessary to use this library.
W: Is it a dll or an analog library?
M: I'm sorry, but that sounds terrible to me.
W: Maybe you don't like computer code?
M: Oh really?
W: I was only guessing.
M: Are you saying that the logjam will break up at any second?
W: I think it just did, as I am at least going to type my latest notes.
M: You might be able to change the future.
W: Wow, that sounds very optimistic!
M: Traveling, on the other hand, radically switches the visual field.
W: I wish travel were not so expensive.
M: Are you sure it isn't something in the other direction?
W: Which direction should I travel?
M: I assume the No drama included immortals?
W: You want me to travel to ancient Japan?
M: Always the escapist.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: