"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Saturday, March 29, 2008

 

The Mirror: You've transmitterated!

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: Do you want to go to the Frick Museum?
W: Only if I could get there by tele-transport.
M: I only want the restaurant to have one or two other customers.
W: It sounds like an idyllic afternoon.
M: (Rising)
W: Are you getting up to go?
M: The sociology of boxing was touched on by Joyce Carol Oates.
W: But that subject would spoil our ladies' luncheon.
M: I want to close my eyes and plunge deep into a real darkness, full of faith, not the kind that energizes.
W: Maybe we should attend a seance after lunch.
M: You were talking about chewing gum stuck to the pavement.
W: Chewing gum can be removed from one's shoe with a few drops of vegetable oil.
M: Can you see into my mind if you stand tiptoe on a tall tower?
W: Is that what we have to do for telepathy, teeter?
M: Why would you want to do that?
W: I wouldn't want to, as it might crack my glass slippers.
M: He can eat sparsely, and read this or that Tsu.
W: If he joins us for luncheon, he may wish to read aloud to the waiter.
M: You are, perhaps, a follower of the mystery religions.
W: I follow them, but I do not lead into print.
M: Tell me a story.
W: Once there was a wizard.
M: I accept the robe, the mitre, whatever you want to give me.
W: Are you going to act out my story?
M: Is that what we have to do for telepathy, teeter?
W: We're teetering on the brink of a cross-correspondence.
M: I'm so glad you came by to see me.
W: The pleasure is all mine, as I hail from the hallows of Des Moines.
M: Are you getting up to go?
W: No, I am sitting down to drift.
M: I know, you can't always be renovating door paneling.
W: Never in my life have I done such a thing, but I have doubted.
M: No, I am sitting down to drift.
W: I doubt your drift.
M: That could be taken in ambiguous fashion.
W: Am I a big you?
M: One's weight takes on a life of its own.
W: Weight, weight, don't toll me!
M: The idea is to get rid of all desire.
W: When de sire spick-n-spans, da pipple leasens.
M: And the answer is: to be determined, over the course of time.
W: That is an all-purpose answer, from the hotpot.
M: We're not always cartoon characters, except maybe from the outside.
W: Out sighed, when in stepped the quart-une.
M: Some people would read in secret, a few would be caught and punished, and most wouldn't read after 30.
W: Back at Logan's Run for l'apres-midi.
M: I didn't get to glimpse the blueprints yet.
W: You can build a chicken run for less than a coup.
M: Sounds like pure mathematics, unless you are math-phobic.
W: Phoh, Bic?
M: The door to the pizza parlor.
W: Pizzas in acute try-angels.
M: What are your requirements for a happy life?
W: A quire of cues.
M: The sun obliterated all knowledge of that.
W: The pool sticks, throw in a bit of glisserin'.
M: Why this effort to make something be here, in full 3-dimensional reality?
W: Dim, dharma, on a dime.
M: Weight, weight, don't toll me!
W: Toleranti.
M: That includes me.
W: So glad.
M: Out sighed, when in stepped the quart-une.
W: In vingt-et-un.
M: I don't want to hear about a bank.
W: Ban the K!
M: The pool sticks, throw in a bit of glisserin'.
W: Glissandi.
M: Earn it.
W: Learn it.
M: Not my kind of a room.
W: It's a tough room, I'll grant ye.
M: (Feels his temple with fingers)
W: Groaning?
M: Did you put the room into any particular order?
W: Yes, I ordered it from "Hey!" to "See!
M: It can be half and half. It must be agonizing, out there in the maelstrom.
W: And that is exactly where I must go.
M: It sounds like we have the same job!
W: Saying bye-bye?
M: Not a kind of exoticism that serves no other purpose.
W: Exorbitant witticisms.
M: (In radio)
W: You've transmitterated!
M: Don't hide your fireworks.
W: X: plodding legalities?
M: That?
W: Not that.
M: What you never see is always what you get.
W: Invisible plastrons?
M: You've transmitterated!
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: