"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Monday, March 17, 2008

 

The Mirror: The word "SALE," written in letters of fire

W: Hello?
M: I don't think I'm gonna "go there."
W: Where are you not gonna go?
M: Something about a sewing machine.
W: You don't want to sew?
M: The waiter must have lost his missing time.
W: A waiter abducted by aliens?
M: Well, you know how it is.
W: I don't think I've ever been waited on by an abductee.
M: You seem to be reflective and effective today, isn't that true?
W: I wrote one paragraph.
M: Go away.
W: Is that anything like "Get out"?
M: Gold may be hidden under the grass.
W: Today, grass is worth more than gold.
M: It would be quite a wash of emotion.
W: If the Earth suddenly lost all covering.
M: Yes, absolutely.
W: We cannot allow that to happen.
M: You who follow the disease of life, hungry for change.
W: I want things to stay the same.
M: Sunlight?
W: Sunlight can definitely stay.
M: I've come to a point in my life, after years spent mining nuggets of wisdom.
W: I would rather see a hyacinth than a gold nugget.
M: If the Earth suddenly lost all covering.
W: We can't let that be.
M: It is a pillar of fire next to a pilaster.
W: A pilaster next to a dado.
M: We cannot allow that to happen.
W: You don't like Victorian interiors?
M: I'm waiting.
W: Are you waiting for your interior decorator?
M: I would rather see a hyacinth than a gold nugget.
W: So there will be plenty of flowers in your room.
M: You know who's "in" and who's "out."
W: Are you on the outs with anybody?
M: I'm part of the same organization.
W: Is it a secret organization?
M: Is there a problem with the transmission of my thoughts?
W: I don't understand everything you say immediately.
M: You too?
W: Are you having trouble understanding my transmissions?
M: Let's go back to the good old days.
W: No argument there!
M: How dependable are your wristwatches?
W: I lost the one wristwatch I ever really liked.
M: It's spontaneous, when you want to believe higher forces are operating through me.
W: I believe you are a form of oracle.
M: Did you know I was on the phone?
W: Do you have an iPhone?
M: Who is she?
W: Iphone, the Greek-goddess sister of Persephone.
M: Why would anyone do anything which results in so much cholesterol?
W: Are you relating technology to obesity?
M: Do you like animal crackers?
W: I like animal crackers very much, but does that prove your point?
M: I'm still here.
W: You never back down!
M: Are you relating technology to obesity?
W: Lack of sleep is said to foster obesity.
M: Maybe we should try an electro-magnetic treatment.
W: Why not just get more sleep?
M: Do you have an iPhone?
W: No, because they cost hundreds of dollars.
M: (Searches for the phrase)
W: It's called "too expensive."
M: No, because they cost hundreds of dollars.
W: "Too rich for my blood."
M: Well, it was something to reinvigorate me.
W: The mere thought of an iPhone?
M: Don't be chained to a job you hate.
W: That sounds rather like a slogan for Monster dot com.
M: Presenting one's mementi.
W: Mementi mori of past hated jobs.
M: I don't think so, you don't think so.
W: So neither of us do.
M: Hey, you reflected two things at once!
W: Both of us are in the mirror at the same time!
M: As well as too many books.
W: You could have a book sale.
M: No insult lies in the crossed sand.
W: Both of us are in the mirror at the same time!
M: Nobody's there.
W: Well, I feel like there is something I am supposed to be doing.
M: Samuel turned the pages of his memory book.
W: And he came to the word "SALE," written in letters of fire.
M: Does he worship the duck, or the cage?
W: I'd say the cage.
M: What is it you want out of life?
W: Merely to go.
M: You get out amongst 'em?
W: Oh yes, I schmooze when the opportunity presents itself.
M: So neither of us do.
W: OK, point taken.
M: Are you having a tremor?
W: No, I just have to go. Bye!
M: Think of something not important. Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: