"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Monday, April 14, 2008

 

The Mirror: Trust the planchette-holder

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: Don't tell me you're a booster!
W: I've received all my booster shots.
M: If great speed skips life, then what's arrived at is nothing.
W: Is there nothing after life?
M: Not through the closed eyelids but later, after the eyes opened.
W: The eyes of the soul?
M: I suppose you would rather talk about your own problems.
W: It isn't a problem for long.
M: So an argument may spring up at any time?
W: Not afterward.
M: Could you really write me a letter?
W: From the beyond?
M: To you they were banal, or ordinary, or boring, but to others of lesser experience --
W: The preferred audience of Spiritualists.
M: Best to focus on something you can trust.
W: I certainly can't trust the average medium, or channeler!
M: I shall squeeze it out.
W: Make it look like the message is hard to receive.
M: Different than "yes"?
W: The Ouija board may simply report Yes or No.
M: Brief, but to the point.
W: If the question's been well-phrased.
M: I suddenly prefer the placid frigidity of total explanation.
W: For that you must trust the planchette-holder.
M: The preferred audience of Spiritualists.
W: Minute tremors from their subconscious minds propelled the planchette.
M: At least I do.
W: Are you a subconscious mind?
M: From the beyond?
W: From the below.
M: Nobody's there.
W: You mean to tell me I have no subconscious?
M: The Ouija board may simply report Yes or No.
W: Are you a Ouija board?
M: I should meet him, then.
W: There was no Monsieur Ouija.
M: Thank you kindly for your most generous comment.
W: I am always happy to oblige.
M: (Looks at drawer)
W: Have you got an old Ouija board stashed away?
M: They balanced on the final uppermost rock, and fell at last onto the whole of which they knew nothing, and nothing changed.
W: Where is this rock?
M: Remaining inside, an unanswerable question, he goes forward.
W: Balanced on the Rock of Ages.
M: See you later.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: