"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Monday, May 10, 2010

 

The Mirror: An old-fashioned school indeed

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: I'm not out to establish some mathematical basis.
W: Good, because the world of numbers is not my forte.
M: Oops, you just made one thing disappear.
W: Did I make a number or a thing disappear?
M: You are really cool!
W: I know, I am so smart!
M: Immerse yourself in the elements.
W: Swimming, already?
M: What do you consider my instruments?
W: Mathematical precision, plus a good memory.
M: Don't you dare be so patronizing!
W: I am in earnest, I assure you.
M: On the contrary, we are frayed to the maximum extent.
W: That must have been why your last remark was an indication of back-to-the-wall stress.
M: I feel that art must decrease its stitches in time to make the proper hat shape.
W: Are you on a fashion-production deadline?
M: Try sitting with your hands folded lightly in your lap.
W: I am ready, Teacher.
M: Did we break down instead?
W: No, the teachers must not break down!
M: Are you saying that line from the doorway, hand on the newel post?
W: This must be an old-fashioned school indeed.
M: By the way, John Berryman wrote a book of poetry called Delusions, Etc.
W: Are we going to study Berryman?
M: What could be healthier than slow death, except sudden death?
W: An excellent, though sad, observation on the life of Berryman.
M: Goodbye!
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: