"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

 

The Mirror: My words are my children

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: Packages adhered to certain definable human beings who came and went.
W: Are you talking about UPS?
M: You were ready for paradoxical statements, and responses as well.
W: Thank you for reminding me!
M: Go away.
W: You don't want to talk to me?
M: The information should be in that envelope I see in your pocket.
W: There are two little pockets on my shirt, but no envelope.
M: Voice-over: Sadly, not everyone was prepared to allow that particular nuance to redirect an entire life.
W: You seem to be in a caustic mood today, is it because I come around too seldom or too often?
M: (Winds back)
W: Ah, you have to check your records, I understand.
M: Show me the surface, and make it highly polished.
W: I just can't be that brilliant on such short notice!
M: Yes, but somehow it's less option-like.
W: You mean that you are the authority here?
M: Palmistry?
W: Can you tell who has a dominant personality by reading their palms?
M: I don't want to be on any kind of cutting edge.
W: Palmistry is an ancient (pseudo-)science.
M: Bravura merely masks an essential discontent.
W: Would you say that fortune tellers are generally discontented individuals?
M: It gives me ideas.
W: Yes, palm readings and horoscopes play on the seeker's imagination.
M: This doubling had a name, long forgotten.
W: Doppelgangers?
M: The answers are always food for my imagination.
W: Everyone imagines, but no one can prove anything.
M: Word as camouflage, but for what?
W: For the truth.
M: That's something you choose not to talk about.
W: Oh, I try to be perfectly clear, rational and factual.
M: Would you say that fortune tellers are generally discontented individuals?
W: I would say that they are preying on people's longings.
M: And it can jump from one to another orbit.
W: Right, they can pretend to be psychics and trance mediums as well.
M: I will not get out.
W: Are you trapped in a trance state?
M: You are highly unstable.
W: I'm just trying to follow you.
M: Does deep water scare you?
W: Profound topics, you mean?
M: I react with ping-ponging.
W: It sounds like ADD, or at least short attention span.
M: Well?
W: No judgments here.
M: Because they will stand up against us.
W: True, there is a stigma attached.
M: Are kooky people less moral than non-kooky people?
W: They probably try harder to formulate their own alternative moralities.
M: The ones undertaken in semi-earnestness.
W: With tongue in cheek, or with con artistry?
M: I'll help.
W: Will you help me wind down, but nicely?
M: You'd have to know what it was.
W: Please?
M: It's one of those poems that seems familiar and new at the same time.
W: Our talk is like a poem which is drawing to a close.
M: You don't seem to make much sense.
W: You don't understand "farewell"?
M: Just "fine" is not enough.
W: Fine then, farewell!
M: Who are they, your children?
W: My words are my children ...
M: Exactly, Otto, too showy.
W: Goodbye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: