"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Sunday, October 07, 2007

 

The Mirror: Turn first, act later

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: You didn't like what I just said?
W: What did you just say?
M: Do you divide your attention between many things?
W: I try not to multi-task these days.
M: She is ugly inside, I should say.
W: But then, who are we to judge?
M: But that doesn't excuse trying to get ahead in a criminal manner.
W: Again, we must not judge.
M: Reason does not always precede sentiment.
W: Sentiment, though, is not always just.
M: So then she reveals her unsurfaces.
W: They are ragged.
M: Inside each box is a pure fruit that must not be eaten.
W: Is it a white pear?
M: You sound determined to drown.
W: No, that would be too much.
M: OK, then I didn't get on your nerves.
W: As long as you calm down.
M: I wonder what Lane makes of werewolf movies?
W: The Werewolf Lane Cinema.
M: You make it sound so important!
W: I dressed it up a little, it's actually a rundown place.
M: Possibly, one day, my clarity will be your clarity also.
W: Clearer is no competition.
M: No, that would be too much.
W: Too much effort.
M: Young-people's clothing.
W: They have to work so hard to stay ahead of the curve.
M: No, that would be too much.
W: Let's just kick it.
M: OK, I have to finish typing my poetry anyway.
W: Do you write in a fine, clear hand?
M: Clearer is no competition.
W: They don't care about penmanship much, these days.
M: Now you have stepped up the ante, taken things to a higher plane.
W: Because I brought them into the picture.
M: I guess the head's above the body.
W: And the feet are below the neck.
M: We could try to escape through loopholes in Microsoft Word.
W: Macros, being macroscopic.
M: I don't know very much about Fragonard, shall I research him?
W: It's too easy these days.
M: I have the day right?
W: It is Saturday.
M: You don't have to say try it, I unavoidably try it.
W: Saturday can be a trying day, especially for judges.
M: How wonderful such a word begins with the letter "P."
W: Palmistry?
M: I think Harold Pinter holds up a mirror to what he perceives.
W: Oh, Pinter.
M: I will accept violets.
W: A nosegay, suitable to hold while going to the werewolf cinema.
M: When I was on the stage?
W: Yes, the cinema sound stage.
M: Do you have an audible voice.
W: Not right now.
M: How do they know this?
W: They know it because I am holding it in check.
M: It's too easy these days.
W: Too easy to keep silent.
M: Ah, nothing comes up immediately.
W: But it comes out later.
M: They know it because I am holding it in check.
W: And speaking it in Czech.
M: Is this fear?
W: Fear of those armies.
M: But not to the extent of watching Rosie O'Donnell, I take it.
W: That could be very frightening, I hear.
M: Eels are slippery characters.
W: So are alleles.
M: I wonder how much Anita Loos made for Gentlemen Prefer Blondes?
W: We could look it up, could chase it down.
M: If I had the ability to perform an act of will, that act of will would be a "No," because only a "No" is an act of will.
W: Oh no, you could force a Yes.
M: Some days later, it'll be a photograph.
W: A photograph of an agreeable time.
M: Tell me, tell me the answer!
W: She can dance perfectly well.
M: Don't go knocking things off the top of your head to please me.
W: No apple trees, then.
M: Best for me would be to dissolve into, again, the ocean.
W: Did you originate from foam?
M: Ah, I like that.
W: The Evening Star, on half a shelf.
M: Say it.
W: Botticelli.
M: Oh really?
W: Yes, if a bit expected.
M: I spent my whole life looking for a book which, reading but one page a day or less, the material would fill or orient me.
W: Some feel they have found it.
M: See how I'm smiling?
W: Did you, then, find it?
M: Some feel they have found it.
W: But you?
M: How did I get here?
W: It sounds as though you haven't found it, the orienting volume.
M: Some feel they have found it.
W: Let them delight in it.
M: I don't know what size lawns they have in Cape Cod.
W: Patch-pocket ones, lawn squares.
M: Did you originate from foam?
W: I came from the waves.
M: Write about me.
W: I shall write to you.
M: The car rounded a curve and the occupants glanced left.
W: Weren't they afraid of making a left turn?
M: Oh, this must be a retroactive decision.
W: Turn first, act later?
M: It would be wonderful to start giving oneself little rewards for cashing in on one's inherent tendencies.
W: Those would be asides.
M: The subject is moot.
W: We had better close now.
M: Are you trying to open that book?
W: No, to close it.
M: But now that it's happened, I can truly say, it's like the experience of talking to myself.
W: You will be, very soon.
M: The play is wiser than any individual character in the play.
W: Does the play have an ending?
M: How can you tell that?
W: By saying "Goodbye."
M: (Goes, other covers table)
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: