"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

 

The Mirror: A story devoid of epistolary prestidigitation

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: Can you bear the thought of death?
W: Absolutely not!
M: Wow, are we going to dance the tango on a Monday morning?
W: If you'll be there with a good instructor.
M: Not necessarily.
W: A bad instructor?
M: A broken heart?
W: That will probably follow.
M: No one wants to be pushed around.
W: Unless they are being pushed backward in an expert tango.
M: Don't you want to make some money from my revelations?
W: Have you written a "How to Tango" book?
M: We share many elements, it is true.
W: We both like to dance.
M: I return, or seem to, to the human race!
W: Tango brings you back again!
M: Poor in spirit?
W: Wealthy in tango.
M: Yes and no.
W: No no tango.
M: We certainly don't want to abandon such a productive theory before it's had a chance to flower into a few rare and valuable exoticisms.
W: I think the permutations have permuted enough.
M: At a food market near the river, vegetables were being sold.
W: Exotic ones?
M: Could we collapse temporary furniture?
W: Easily enough, with a beach chair.
M: After all, I too have been burned.
W: You didn't apply SPF 30 lotion.
M: That will probably follow.
W: You can't follow a burn with that, you have to do it beforehand.
M: That door is locked.
W: So open it.
M: Have you written a "How to Tango" book?
W: I've written a locksmithing memoir.
M: They lined up.
W: The little metal things inside the lock.
M: That vase.
W: Smashed.
M: I would say much more than I can fit here.
W: So put it in your police report.
M: We are all reflections of the one.
W: The One True Haha.
M: Earn it.
W: Go for the laugh!
M: (Return)
W: Your bank return?
M: Very Beckett-ish: "I can't go on, I'll go on."
W: How can you go on without a bank balance?
M: He is The Great Unknown.
W: Your bank balance is unknown?
M: I want them to fall down on their knees and worship me.
W: The tellers?
M: What do you mean?
W: The Penn and Tellers.
M: It's an explosive subject, China these days.
W: China invented gunpowder and fireworks.
M: Probably the best.
W: The best quality, the most incendiary.
M: Your bank balance is unknown?
W: I can't afford to buy firecrackers.
M: Try telling me your life story.
W: It is a story devoid of epistolary prestidigitation.
M: The One True Haha.
W: The Big Laugh.
M: I know it didn't hurt.
W: Cosmic jokes never do.
M: China invented gunpowder and fireworks.
W: Did they invent baby powder too?
M: What will you do?
W: I will invent a way to slip through.
M: Adventures not undertaken.
W: But I might be overtaken by a Force.
M: In a story or anything else.
W: Even in reality it can happen.
M: But that was the sweet, pungent fact, that the most life meant the most death.
W: That is sheer Romanticism.
M: Not on purpose.
W: I believe you are conscious of yourself, and your effects.
M: Oh, that made me laugh.
W: Always the ironist.
M: Now that he's in China, he better learn how to use chopsticks .
W: Better to eat with chopsticks than to hare after unaffordable firefogs.
M: One should try it some time.
W: The Brits had a Chinese presence for a while.
M: I have to run through a lot of rooms to get out of here.
W: So run like a hare-after!
M: The alternative is that nothing manifests.
W: Goodbye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: