"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Thursday, July 26, 2007

 

The Mirror: A meal at an Outbox

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: I do not.
W: What do you not do?
M: You have the power to harm me, you mean.
W: No, no, I don't have that kind of power, or else, I would not use it.
M: I might not really exist for you.
W: Oh, you exist for me, I assure you.
M: He hasn't said he sees it.
W: He doesn't know what he's talking about, ignore him.
M: My goodness!
W: I know, those were strong words.
M: Have I heard from Nurse Ratched, do you mean?
W: Nurse Ratched was a female character.
M: Mind adventures only.
W: True, the movie was a work of fiction.
M: You can't get at it by asking, "What problem?"
W: How about "What solution?"
M: If I were you, I would go to the water.
W: That is terribly good and beautiful advice.
M: Richard Foreman makes his notebooks freely available.
W: Should I be reading them or even acting them out by the water's edge?
M: Who is he, and where did he come from?
W: I think he came from New York and is a playwright.
M: Oh, good heavens, no.
W: Don't you like playwrights or New Yorkers?
M: True, the movie was a work of fiction.
W: Foreman's plays are works of anti-semi-fiction.
M: That is very beautiful indeed.
W: I didn't express myself too well, but thank you.
M: Don't you like playwrights or New Yorkers?
W: I like both.
M: Is this a psychological experiment?
W: It could be, I guess, but I am not a clinical psychologist.
M: I think he came from New York and is a playwright.
W: A psychologist who writes plays?
M: I don't think it's inertia.
W: You have to get past your inertia to write plays.
M: OK, but that is pretty colloquial.
W: You mean, the way I keep saying "you" instead of "one"?
M: What do you do when your mind drifts off?
W: I gaze out the window, if there is one.
M: Oh, was that a bad thing to say?
W: No, it was perfectly friendly.
M: I'm afraid we won't get very far with that soapbox rocketry.
W: That reminds me of The Voyage to the Mushroom Planet.
M: How many parts does a machine have?
W: As many as it takes to get to the Mushroom Planet.
M: Not yet.
W: We can't get to the Mushroom Planet yet?
M: Did Shaxpr eat crumbs?
W: He may have supped on mushroom bisque.
M: How very quaint!
W: And crumbs of desire.
M: Then something's lacking.
W: Yes, protein is lacking.
M: Is Atlantis like Paradise?
W: Those are whirlywisp thoughts, not giving a proper square meal.
M: Just in time.
W: Before collapsing of hunger.
M: No, it was perfectly friendly.
W: It was a poke in the ribs.
M: I'll buy that.
W: Do you eat barbecued ribs?
M: Yes, protein is lacking.
W: We had better purchase a meal at an Outbox.
M: He said that.
W: Shaxpr found a place to park.
M: And crumbs of desire.
W: Moonlit.
M: Don't all stairs come at the end of a hall?
W: Hallways from freedom.
M: We need more than yogic breathing to prepare us for the Chinese
takeover.
W: What do you do to prepare for Chinese takeout?
M: But can you look inside without killing it?
W: The food is already dead.
M: Good, because I need some emotional support today.
W: It would be too much to revert to hunter mode.
M: Please do, but which aspect of the past?
W: I prefer the gathering mode.
M: I need your help.
W: I will help you weave a paper basket.
M: Now, dig in if you like.
W: Have you gathered mushrooms already?
M: Looking into things for me, yes.
W: We must look into the basketry of our consciousness.
M: But I want to go to work on that sad fact.
W: You want a career in neurology?
M: Capturing, inside this moment, the believable.
W: Is everything in the brain to be believed?
M: In the same series.
W: A series of linear synapses?
M: You will tell me sometime.
W: After I get my PhD.
M: Is everything in the brain to be believed?
W: I can't answer that now, as I must go.
M: I resent having to keep you interested.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: