"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

 

The Mirror: Quid pro quo vadis

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: The hand did continue when the mind did not.
W: Sounds like body smarts.
M: I have to go.
W: Don't go yet!
M: Where did I last see you?
W: At the computer, I suppose.
M: Children followed a bright light in the sky.
W: I feel like I'm keeping you.
M: How does one exit?
W: Maybe you don't really want to.
M: But I wasn't going to say "Oh."
W: You were going to go.
M: I remember seeing it.
W: The bright light?
M: Not really!
W: Not time for that yet.
M: So the upset would appear on the surface of my life, as if developed by the exotic chemicals of that "throw into life" I gave myself.
W: Are you a photographer?
M: You said you reject wisdom.
W: I never said such a thing, I wouldn't.
M: Good second requirement, now what's the third?
W: But I didn't say much of anything in the first place!
M: The bright light?
W: That was a children's project.
M: The bees are thinking of nothing but coffee tables.
W: There might be sugar chargers.
M: Are you a photographer?
W: I would like to be.
M: It vanishes.
W: The lady vanishes with my hope of being a photographer.
M: But I didn't say much of anything in the first place!
W: You can win second place in the conversational race if you want.
M: So stay here.
[Connection crashed]
W: Hello?
M: He could be a ghost.
W: The ghost of a chance meeting.
M: (Looks about)
W: He isn't there, at least not to the naked eye.
M: The flower store strode into pure flower.
W: Flowers concealed him.
M: And it lasts but a few moments, and leaves.
W: The bloom?
M: Why?
W: All must pass.
M: Just in time.
W: Was a disaster in the offing?
M: What comes out?
W: What derives?
M: Have you tasted Proust's madeleines?
W: No, only shortbread.
M: When the bottles collapsed, the milk collapsed.
W: But they were drinking tea.
M: (Gives, pause)
W: I don't want tea.
M: What must I say to keep you from leaving me alone?
W: Before, you couldn't wait to get rid of me.
M: What derives?
W: Quid pro quo vadis.
M: I have no idea.
W: Why not?
M: Do you need better protection?
W: I need protection from fake Latin.
M: It was the newspaper that was doing these things.
W: What kind of newspaper protects people from fake Latin?
M: Should I wear it?
W: You can wear a paper hat.
M: Are you hailing someone on the street?
W: A taxi might not want to stop for a person wearing a newspaper hat.
M: What are we going to improvise, a play?
W: Just a conversation.
M: I wonder if it's still there.
W: It is in the transcripts.
M: Both of them, I guess.
W: There are more than two transcripts, because there have been more than two conversations.
M: The way you say "Well" and nod your head ...
W: Does it annoy you?
M: (Taken)
W: Point taken!
M: Pluto is the god of the underworld.
W: I never disputed that.
M: Is it a whim, to have behavior instead of reality?
W: Sounds like Skinner's whim.
M: What kind of newspaper protects people from fake Latin?
W: Skinner's paper.
M: This is no contradiction.
W: I was only joking.
M: Does it annoy you?
W: Some people's joking annoys me.
M: You are confused?
[Connection crashed]
W: Hello?
M: You don't have to agree with everything I say.
W: I am not confused, and I am not agreeable.
M: Where did you exhaust yourself?
W: Well before this conversation.
M: Poetry may involve repetition.
W: Too many hellos?
M: An alien chess player.
W: That sounds a little daunting.
M: I haven't bored you, then?
W: No, but I will take my leave now.
M: I don't want lying answers to my important questions.
W: I told the truth.
M: Who are they?
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: