"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Saturday, May 12, 2007

 

The Mirror: Occidental merriment, Oriental statesmanship

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: Are you watching a movie?
W: I'm watching the movie of life, as it were.
M: How would you describe me, Doctor?.
W: I would say you are nicer than Nurse Ratched.
M: Really?
W: Sure, would I lie to you?
M: Any word?
W: Have I heard from Nurse Ratched, do you mean?
M: One sinks into it, or rises.
W: Can we rise above the decline and fall of our decaying pop culture?
M: Already I see lights on the horizon.
W: Lights which will take us to the next level of civilization?
M: Are you having a tremor?
W: The whole civilization is convulsing, let's hope it's birth pangs instead of death throes.
M: What's the reversal?
W: The reverse of birth is death.
M: Oh.
W: But you knew that.
M: OK, West.
W: East is the reverse of West, or the opposite.
M: What piece of the world is interesting to me?
W: I don't know, do you prefer Occidental merriment to Oriental statesmanship?
M: Get it? Get it? Get it?
W: Don't poke me so hard!
M: I don't know, do you prefer Occidental merriment to Oriental statesmanship?
W: When you repeat the joke, it has already staled.
M: That's why I might try again.
W: Please, not again!
M: Don't poke me so hard!
W: I was trying to be honest.
M: Not me, thank you.
W: You would rather prevaricate?
M: East is the reverse of West, or the opposite.
W: How does the land lie?
M: Gotta go, bye!
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: