"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Thursday, February 21, 2008

 

The Mirror: Can you recover lost flattery?

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: Now you flatter me.
W: How have I flattered you?
M: And one can never recover everything from one's past, even if one would like to.
W: Can you recover lost flattery?
M: Who are your neighbors, anyway?
W: Sometimes my neighbors flatter me, sometimes they disparage me subtly.
M: The distortion is in the mind of the viewer.
W: Are you saying I can never be objective?
M: Maybe you should sit on it.
W: I should not fly off at the handle.
M: So (G)od is extraneous, a sort of topping?
W: Religious people might pray before answering certain e-mails, so in that case, (G)od would be intrinsic to everyday life.
M: I would say much more than I can fit here.
W: Oh go ahead, run off at the mouth.
M: Are you having trouble following me?
W: Not so far.
M: They balanced on the final uppermost rock, and fell at last onto the whole of which they knew nothing, and nothing changed.
W: Is that because they knew nothing about life?
M: The child doesn't have to let years pass to do this.
W: The child knows less than the adult, or has less experience, but its perceptions are fresher, more honest.
M: Post haste!
W: Children are in a hurry to grow up, and look where it gets them.
M: How would anybody else know?
W: We tell them, but they don't believe us.
M: Not so far.
W: A time may come when children heed our warnings?
M: Ah, you fell down on the job.
W: What job is that?
M: A time may come when children heed our warnings?
W: Is it my job to warn them?
M: Nonsense, I hope.
W: Right, because I'm not a teacher.
M: Not so far.
W: Do you think it's our job to raise each other?
M: Just because you say something in words doesn't mean you mean something in your heart.
W: We can't be phony about saving or rescuing.
M: Sometimes it seems that the vest of my personality is nothing but!
W: Is it a bulletproof vest?
M: Different Gods have taken on so many different disguises.
W: Do gods wear protective coverings?
M: An amazing end!
W: Goodbye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: