"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Friday, February 15, 2008

 

The Mirror: I am on the surface what I am

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: Expect nothing, pretend nothing.
W: You expect a lot out of people!
M: Word as camouflage, but for what?
W: No, I am on the surface what I am.
M: We can be polite about it.
W: Politesse requires some scope.
M: I've heard of Trelawny of the Wells.
W: Politeness involved there?
M: I can't possibly restrain my joy!
W: You love politesse!
M: Ah, once upon a time.
W: Once upon a time, people were mannered.
M: Jet lag occurs between continental flights.
W: But in the old days, no one got bent out of shape about it.
M: All broken.
W: Now the rules are.
M: How are you?
W: I am very well, thank you for asking.
M: I didn't say "on this planet."
W: I am better on other planets.
M: Maybe you're right.
W: Oh, of course I am.
M: That's what this is all about.
W: Me being right?
M: Now the rules are.
W: The rules are that I am always right.
M: Is that sarcasm?
W: More of a jest.
M: The rules are that I am always right.
W: Can we both be right?
M: You can get actual knowledge if you just read poetry aloud.
W: Is poetry about the rightness of being?
M: Me being right?
W: Us all being right.
M: I exist as one side of an empty space, yet a space, pregnant --
W: What is around that corner?
M: It's only when I allow the pieces to be bigger that my life takes on its usual mediocre aspect.
W: Pieces of a puzzle?
M: "Can you taste this," said Marie?
W: Are you two eating puzzles of marzipan again?
M: Let me ask you a question.
W: OK, go ahead.
M: Are you hailing someone on the street?
W: No, do you see someone out of the window?
M: His mind: empties.
W: Always greet people with an empty mind.
M: For what?
W: For greeting properly.
M: I get confused when there's too much input, too many alternatives.
W: That's why an empty mind is an excellent wastebasket.
M: I'm morally defunct.
W: Throw out the old, defunct ideas.
M: You would rather talk to me than go to Brazil?
W: I think Carnaval has become too dangerous.
M: It's beyond boring.
W: You wouldn't get bored at Carnaval, but you might get trampled.
M: That doesn't count as trying.
W: Well, no one tries to get trampled.
M: That's why an empty mind is an excellent wastebasket.
W: The crumpled-up paper of forgotten ideas.
M: Wrong again.
W: No, I am never wrong!
M: OK, go ahead.
W: *Pouts*
M: Sitting in this chair is not important.
W: Are you going to get up and walk around?
M: *Pouts*
W: Did I give the wrong answer?
M: I have previously committed myself.
W: You were right, wrong, all over the place.
M: (Both)
W: Paradox!
M: You only want to remember the good things, right?
W: I wouldn't go that far.
M: Being sorry is OK, but it doesn't make me feel better.
W: I am not sorry.
M: But I choose one or two.
W: One or two modes of being sorry?
M: Letters are connected by being shoved into word-slots.
W: It sounds so mechanical.
M: What happens if you say hello more than twice in one day?
W: You have to say goodbye even more times!
M: How many guesses do I have left?
W: None, goodbye!
M: Sounds like a number of prankish religious are kicking up didoes!
W: Bye to those bishops!
M: Feelings.
W: You can have them, at parting.
M: (Looks at drawer)
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: