"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Thursday, February 14, 2008

 

The Mirror: How many looks do you have in your lookbook?

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: Tell me about the world outside, outdo yourself.
W: I hear there is a presidential campaign.
M: How can we have more than half what we should have?
W: By doubling the number of queens.
M: I think the time is ripe.
W: It surely is!
M: I never read a thesis on neuroscience, either.
W: You don't have to know about the inside of the brain to reign.
M: The third alternative, "Wake and be free," is death.
W: I see you are a mystic.
M: Be careful what you pick up from medieval Europe.
W: Plague?
M: Pop culture, or Pope culture?
W: Pope Joan?
M: But I just did, I gave you the best possible answer, Candide.
W: Let us be candid.
M: Poised where?
W: On the brink between uncertainty and knowing.
M: You need my input.
W: I need your output.
M: Yes, me exactly.
W: We are talking about you.
M: For the price of your life.
W: What price greatness?
M: You don't have to know about the inside of the brain to reign.
W: So you're saying queens are stupid?
M: I accept the robe, the mitre, whatever you want to give me.
W: That would be a bishop, not a queen.
M: On the brink between uncertainty and knowing.
W: I know a bishop's not a queen, in chess at least.
M: Life has conspired against me.
W: Tell me your conspiracy theory.
M: Can you move your musing among many worlds?
W: No, I'm too tired to do that.
M: How do I flatter you?
W: Let me count the waste.
M: I think you have to be pretty unscrupulous to be successful in that.
W: Toxic waste, are we talking?
M: But it's only a feeling, right?
W: No, it's an unfortunate reality.
M: Now you made me laugh.
W: Have to laugh, or cry.
M: Doubling my look: Wouldn't that be like a mirror?
W: How many looks do you have in your lookbook?
M: Here I am, doing my thing.
W: What are you doing, updating your Facebook page?
M: Can you win at roulette by knowing the Fibonacci sequences?
W: One would hope so, study should not go unrewarded.
M: What a relief that would be, if it were real!
W: Yes, there should be at least stipends for anyone remotely academic.
M: I don't want anything to happen.
W: You prefer the status quo?
M: It doesn't make any sense to eat hot dogs at our time of life.
W: Frankly, I can only give you a ballpark figure.
M: But what is acquired?
W: Fat.
M: Should his facial expression be enough?
W: He is repelled.
M: Have to laugh, or cry.
W: Make a joke of aging.
M: But such plans never came to fruition.
W: No, we weep for what is lost.
M: One would hope so, study should not go unrewarded.
W: Study of a TV commercial with hidden meanings.
M: How can you experience that if you can't even see it?
W: But I do watch TV.
M: You prefer the status quo?
W: No, today's TV is much too harsh and violent.
M: Why would it cheer you up to wear a watch?
W: If the watch had a tiny TV on it.
M: Machines don't always work.
W: Did you know TV is going digital?
M: What makes you happy?
W: The thought of a magic mirror, on top of a high tower.
M: You're hoping against hope that it's worse than you thought.
W: So that they will be made to change.
M: Don't react.
W: Keep a straight face.
M: Nor did I.
W: You broke up?
M: Are you here in front of me?
W: That I am.
M: You just told me it was.
W: And will be.
M: You are harping on that Zen theme, and all I can think of is lunch.
W: Go and have it.
M: Don't leap ahead, I don't even know what you were going to say.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: