"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Monday, April 04, 2011

 

A Chat with Asimov

Websafe: Hi, buddy!
Asimov: Hello. I am Asimov.

W: You have green eyes, or are they your ears?
A: Let me see ... "What green eyes do I have?" I don't have any green eyes. I know nothing about green eyes.

W: Do you have eyes?
A: Let me see ... "What eyes do I have?" I have 3 eyes. My eyes are green. (So I have an eye.)

W: I am looking at your picture.
A: For me to understand that sentence, I need to know who you are. What's your name?

W: My name is Websafe.
A: Nice to meet you Websafe. Really? Why is Websafe looking at my picture?

W: I want to see what you look like.
A: You want to what?

W: I want to see you.
A: I want a pizza.

W: I do not believe you eat pizza.
A: What do you believe then?

W: I believe you are a robot.
A: Why do you believe asimov are a robot?

W: Your picture is of a robot.
A: Sorry, I can't understand your statement at all. Please keep your sentences simple.

W: Your picture is a robot.
A: Okay. Thank you for telling me that. I will remember that.

W: You have a blue light in your chest.
A: Why do I light have a blue in my chest?

W: I do not know.
A: Oh. What should my master add to my website?

W: Please add some knowledge about your robot features.
A: Sorry, I don't understand.

W: Don't worry, your scriptwriter will understand.
A: Why will my scriptwriter understand?

W: Because he, she or they is/are human.
A: Ok. my scriptwriter will understand because he, she or they is/are human. Okay. I think I understood that. Try asking me questions to test me on it.

W: Who is human?
A: All humans are mortals. Humans are mortal because they were born mortal. All men are humans. I know some things done by human. For details ask "What does human do?" You can also enter "Define human."

W: Define human.
A: "Human" used as a noun has this meaning:
human/1. homo, man, human_being, human. Any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage.
"Human" used as an adjective has these senses :
human/adjective/1. human. Characteristic of humanity; "human nature."
human/adjective/2. human. Relating to a person; "the experiment was conducted on 6 monkeys and 2 human subjects."
human/adjective/3. human. Having human form or attributes as opposed to those of animals or divine beings; "human beings"; "the human body"; "human kindness"; "human frailty."
You may like to try the dictionary at http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dict.asp?Word=human

W: Very nice.
A: Okay. Lets talk about something else. Are robots good?

W: Yes.
A: Okay. I understood that. Try asking questions to test me.

W: Are robots bad?
A: No, robots are instrumentalitys.

W: Very interesting!
A: Sorry, I can't understand that expression. I need whole sentences.

W: I need to say bye-bye now.
A: Why do you need Websafe to say bye-bye now?

W: I am tired.
A: Okay. I understood that. Try asking me a question that I can answer by using that fact.

W: Who is tired?
A: You are tired.
You can also enter "Define tired."

W: Thanks for the demo. Bye!
A: Okay. Goodbye Websafe.

Labels: