"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Monday, October 06, 2008

 

The Mirror: Invisible to sparrows

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: There isn't always a plot in what I read.
W: It sounds as though you are open to plotless fiction.
M: Their houses are furnished with octagonal rooms.
W: So they are different in at least two respects.
M: (G)od saying hello to itself.
W: Now you are talking of recursion.
M: What is the signal for fire?
W: Perhaps a scream?
M: If it bounces back and forth inside the skull ...
W: Then there is no way out.
M: And so I re-imagine a world entire, living the rest of my life forgetful, asleep ...
W: Would that be a waste of a life?
M: Are you worshiping me?
W: I have forgotten how.
M: This is life, real life.
W: Is it real to worship in that way anymore?
M: An open wound echoed, voiced.
W: The world is in trouble.
M: Does someone else have a name for this experience?
W: They call it "hemorrhaging money."
M: The problem is when I try to externalize it.
W: But it's nothing but external.
M: Self-evolution.
W: Could we evolve past textbook journalism?
M: They call it "hemorrhaging money."
W: They are alarmists.
M: In the same series.
W: The series of Men.
M: They are alarmists.
W: They depend upon it.
M: It was very quick in arriving, there was no figuring.
W: Unless you were an insider.
M: But it's nothing but external.
W: It's external to the little guy.
M: I think all the time, it never stops, the wheel is unceasing.
W: It was set in motion long ago, by some fool with an empty shell.
M: How about Waylon Jennings?
W: He has made his name, he has plenty of money.
M: You're not ready.
W: I wasn't ready for a question about someone country-fried.
M: They pass in review.
W: And we judge them accordingly.
M: It is invisible ink.
W: TV is invisible to sparrows.
M: What is the topic in between topics, the subtext, or is that too obvious?
W: The obvious topic is the corporate bailout.
M: Meteorologists.
W: The weather of money.
M: I will not budge from my position.
W: What is your position?
M: Hmmm ...
W: You're there, for sure, but you don't know where you are?
M: From me?
W: To you.
M: How hard do you work?
W: Give me the measure.
M: Always a reservation.
W: I won't answer unless you do.
M: The weather of money.
W: I guess there's a drought.
M: Well, if I didn't answer, you wouldn't know.
W: That's why I have come to you, as to an oracle of old.
M: TV is invisible to sparrows.
W: Sparrows need no oracle.
M: Naming things does not solve their ills.
W: Analysis cannot save us?
M: Timewise?
W: It would have to be lightning-quick.
M: Can't you see?
W: I think I see, or I imagine, corruption.
M: Do you know?
W: No, because I was not there, I am not there.
M: How could you be mistaken about such an amazing thing?
W: Corrpution never amazes me now.
M: More of a jest.
W: I joke about the big potatoes.
M: Well, there may be no window, but there certainly is a door.
W: Is opportunity knocking on that door?
M: It's all the same.
W: Flying in at the window, jumping out at the door.
M: You can say that, but I have an internal alarm.
W: Is it a question of security, a security system?
M: (Picks up phone)
W: Don't call the police, I am no one!
M: It isn't nothing, this "paying attention" business.
W: Pay attention to the sterling quality of my character.
M: But don't you want to add something?
W: I am caution itself when at the doors of strangers.
M: (Repeat and reverse)
W: Your position reverses mine, so you are reckless?
M: After years mining nuggets of wisdom, I say no more wisdom.
W: You are fed up.
M: Pay attention to the sterling quality of my character.
W: I would like to say you are a good oracle.
M: Thank you.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: