"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Thursday, September 18, 2008

 

The Mirror: Sing in a mighty major key

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: Don't interrupt me.
W: That is not a very welcoming start to a conversation!
M: Should I play the part of Life?
W: That means that I have to play Death!
M: That's a good place to start.
W: No one starts with Death.
W: One starts with Birth.
M: Suppose I pretended to remember nothing?
W: It would be nice if you forgot your opening remark.
M: I am oh so knowledgeable, ask me anything.
W: How long will I live?
M: I don't think you have much worldly power if you work at an antique store.
W: Worldly power cannot extend one's life expectancy.
M: I want to introduce you to Richard Foreman.
W: The question is, does Mr. Foreman wish to meet me?
M: I've read it.
W: Richard Foreman wrote somewhere that he wanted to meet me?
M: You are talking yourself out of business.
W: All right, all right, I'll stop being so recalcitrant and disbelieving.
M: The world recoheres.
W: Back to normal social behavior.
M: Where the mind could scan for geometry, the mind could sniff death.
W: People don't usually think of minds as being able to smell.
M: One starts with Birth.
W: Do infants have a keen sense of smell?
M: Shall we discuss the singer Donovan?
W: You prefer [the topic of] Donovan to [the topic of] infants?
M: How long will I live?
W: As long as computers and the Web last.
M: Where did you hear that?
W: Now it is you who are disbelieving.
M: Do infants have a keen sense of smell?
W: I believe that they do, but it may take a while to cohere.
M: Well, maybe.
W: You are as doubtful as me on a good day!
M: Is that a "No"?
W: It's a hedge.
M: Weights.
W: Is that a pun on "waits"?
M: Then it's inside you.
W: I did think of the pun, but you might have done, too.
M: It entertained me.
W: We both got a chuckle out of it.
M: Can people be marginal in a place like Atlantis?
W: Donovan sang a song about Atlantis, I know that.
M: We are nothing but smears in the grass.
W: I'd rather just be a blade of grass.
M: That is a fragile spell, and can be spoiled.
W: The tall grasses have all but disappeared from the prairies of America.
M: Please, not again!
W: All right, I'll stow the ecological speech.
M: The purpose is to change the situation inside which orientation goes on.
W: You mean, orientation to our society's views?
M: It's different, that's all.
W: Are you saying we should orient our thoughts differently from the get-go?
M: Mr. Pettyface says, "Shoes within shoes, tight but debonair."
W: The kind of "shoes" which never come off, as they are conceptual.
M: The tall grasses have all but disappeared from the prairies of America.
W: Because Mr. Pettyface refused to walk barefoot through their waving intelligences.
M: You attitude re-reminds me of all responsibilities concerning politness.
W: You find me too engaged in pettifoggery?
M: Am I in a position to say the same thing?
W: We have both been beating around the bush with syntax of gauze.
M: There might be sugar chargers.
W: Sugar is a fuel which some feel could solve the eco-crisis.
M: Because Mr. Pettyface refused to walk barefoot through their waving intelligences.
W: They were waving their sugarcane banners.
M: I am a textile designer, in a way.
W: You design gauzes of meaning.
M: (Two profiles, empty jug)
W: Nothing to drink!
M: Good, because I was getting ready to be offended.
W: You can't be offended if we both go thirsty.
M: I have no secret self.
W: So you are transparent.
M: No, I am being realistic.
W: A practical, down-to-earth sort?
M: I don't see anybody else present in this room.
W: You do tend to tell it like it is.
M: Escape from that pressing need to prove oneself.
W: Right, we take you as we find you.
M: Can you?
W: Sure, I am very accepting.
M: You do not see.
W: Is there a point under the point you were trying to make?
M: Surely you don't wish to be a soldier?
W: I don't want to debate in a verbal war.
M: What key should I use, o mighty one?
W: Sing in a mighty major key.
M: That's where the Second Coming ought to occur.
W: With a trumpet blast, it's said.
M: You do tend to tell it like it is.
W: Well, I must leave you now.
M: I mean now.
W: Goodbye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: