"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Monday, January 09, 2006

 

Invincible Robot

Kio's Robot, copied by Websafe

An ArtCluster pic demonstrating my Follow the Leader game. It's very simple: Two or more artists on a digital whiteboard decide to draw the same thing. One artist leads and the others follow in real time. I was at a slight time disadvantage here because when I logged on, Kio was already well into his sketch. Also, as you can see in the chat transcript, a worn-out mouse is no match for a graphics tablet. (Kio's sketch is on the left, and my copy is on the right.)

ArtCluster chat
circa 6:45 pm

Websafe: Cool pic you're drawing, mind if I play Follow the Leader on the right of the screen?
·¤k|ؤ·: dunno what that is but go ahead
·¤k|ؤ·: and thnx
Websafe: I just try to draw what you are drawing
Websafe: I used to play this game with Paul here
Websafe: Variations on a theme
·¤k|ؤ·: ah alrighty then
Websafe: Am at big disadvantage with crummy mouse at library computer, plus incipient carpal tunnel syndrome
·¤k|ؤ·: hehe
Websafe: It has very nice foreshortening. Is this an original character of your own?
·¤k|ؤ·: emm .. i guess
·¤k|ؤ·: i was just doodling
Websafe: It's good, I like the hand coming forward
·¤k|ؤ·: i almost lost it at the hand
Websafe: lol
Websafe: that is the best part
·¤k|ؤ·: hmm now that i think about it ... there's a character in the invincible comics
·¤k|ؤ·: the Robot .. his face reminds me of this
Websafe: I don't know that character, but I don't see too many new superhero comics
·¤k|ؤ·: yeah well .. i had a lot of free time at my hands
Websafe: What is the stuff coming over his shoulders, his protective suit?
·¤k|ؤ·: emm .. i have no idea
·¤k|ؤ·: hehe
·¤k|ؤ·: decorations? ...
Websafe: I think it would protect the back of his neck from spears
·¤k|ؤ·: not everything needs to have a reason
·¤k|ؤ·: that's what i say when i'm too lazy to think of anything else
Websafe: I know what you mean
·¤k|ؤ·: well, i'm gonna go off for a while
·¤k|ؤ·: laters
Websafe: OK if I post this on my blog?
·¤k|ؤ·: sure
Websafe: tx I will give you credit
Websafe: cya
·¤k|ؤ·: alrighty then

Labels: