"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

Editing Progress Report

People I talk to about my Lady on the Web project often want to know statistics, so here goes: The Dr. Wallace March 2002 ALICE AIML set is 5.54 MB, approximately 4500 pp. long in print. That's what I started out with in July 2003. I also added about 200 pp. with a dictionary from the Standard AIML set, and a file called Psychology from the newer AAA AIML set.

One of the most sweeping changes I made was to delete the French and German from the March 2002 ALICE set. This was not because I was against the inclusion of such material -- far from it -- but because I felt overwhelmed by the task of editing/rewriting/writing/coding even if limited to English.

Currently I have a little over 1000 pp. yet to edit.

I also have several hundred pages of Targeting to do. Targeting is the process of assimilating guest transcripts into the character's script.

I've gotten sidetracked by working on a possible new interface, and stonewalled by not being able to code a particular kind of automatic scrolldown. Oh, for a budget which would allow for the hiring of dedicated coders!

Note: Imported from Websafe Studio blog (07-15-03 to 02-01-06).

Labels: ,