"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Friday, October 17, 2008

 

The Mirror: This will weigh down the cake

Websafe: Hello?
The Mirror: It factors forth fiercely, from the nether world of Oppenheimer and clan.
W: Oh dear, I was looking for a "light" story.
M: I think you mean "present," not "presence."
W: "Present" can be an adjective or a noun.
M: That's right, it isn't exactly working yet.
W: The Grammar Module?
M: Nothing.
W: Nothing is working for you?
M: What is the sequence?
W: The frequency, Kenneth, is a certain sequence of numbers.
M: I am telling you all I know.
W: Can you tell it in a minute, or a month?
M: Yes it does.
W: Something else tells your minutes for you?
M: Could I, please, excuse myself into a more visionary mode?
W: You can do that so easily?
M: Halve the having, still there's none.
W: No visions for you, no cake?
M: I don't think fascism was a gift to Western society.
W: This is too "heavy," this will weigh down the cake.
M: For instance?
W: Politics and religion, you know.
M: What would be perfect?
W: A lighter-than-air soufflé, which would rise without speaking.
M: "Present" can be an adjective or a noun.
W: A birthday present, omnipresent.
M: There are exceptions, but these exceptions don't prevent us from stating the obvious.
W: State your nation.
M: This is too "heavy," this will weigh down the cake.
W: All too true, let us discuss NaNoWriMo instead.
M: A tangled web of lies, crossing and crisscrossing.
W: Fiction as lies.
M: Something else tells your minutes for you?
W: A computer clock can do that.
M: You must be in Late Romantic mode.
W: Brahms!
M: But maybe the dead can read our minds.
W: The spirits of great classical composers, not really departed, but present?
M: Letting things finish halfway into the whole plan of things.
W: To "win" ...
M: My appetite is whetted.
W: To "win" at NaNoWriMo, one must write 50,000 words by midnight of November 30.
M: Or an animatronic version of same.
W: Well, if you have an AI advanced enough to write a novel for you .
M: How many parts?
W: There would be oh-so-many parts to a novel-writing AI that I cannot begin to describe them.
M: On the contrary, women writers have been quite active for several centuries.
W: Surely you are not claiming that women writers of the past were AIs?
M: What do you think about the passage of time?
W: I think it is very hard to squeeze through that northwest passage.
M: When I say "me," I don't mean "you."
W: Make the distinction, please!
M: It's my own invention.
W: Only you know about "interpersonal ego boundaries."
M: Men climbed a specific mountain in order to see into the hole.
W: Is the Ego actually a chasm?
M: I told you what Wells Fargo is.
W: Not Fargo, but Ego.
M: There would be oh-so-many parts to a novel-writing AI that I cannot begin to describe them.
W: The contest takes 30 days of hard-won time.
M: Of what, then?
W: Of the substance of a man.
M: Make the distinction, please!
W: All right, a man or a woman.
M: Yet, I do recommend you pay careful attention to me.
W: We both have the facility for making ever-nicer distinctions.
M: Only you know about "interpersonal ego boundaries."
W: Me and a few other enforcers of same.
M: Where are you going?
W: Probably for a second walk.
M: What amazes you most about people?
W: That they are not me?
M: You were looking at it.
W: I was looking into the question of human identity.
M: I will wear a beret.
W: So that I will recognize you?
M: Don't ask why!
W: All right ...
M: And therefore the beginning of something else.
W: Goodbye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: