"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Monday, July 07, 2008

 

The Mirror: Are electrons sweet or sour?

Websafe: Hello?
Mirror: You want to tell me a secret?
W: No, I want you to tell me a secret.
M: I would say thanks if I felt grateful.
W: You don't have to pretend to feel grateful.
M: Maybe.
W: No, really, you can be real.
M: That's why I like this robe.
W: What is it made of?
M: Now we can begin to talk about supernaturality.
W: Your supernatural robe of natural materials.
M: Do you have a magic act?
W: I have an act where I wear a robe.
M: Only in the lotus position.
W: The robe is covered with lotuses.
M: I am highly methodical.
W: You would be a good textile designer.
M: If there was a radio in my room I might hear, intuition-wise, what I missed, or lost, in my meticulous exploration.
W: Would a radio show help you design textiles?
M: A sandy stretch of soil beneath his feet may have given him ideas.
W: Patterns inspired by Nature.
M: You do seem to know things.
W: I know some refined things.
M: Which one?
W: About the arts,
M: I know some refined things.
W: Refined sugar?
M: Well, when there are minds inside minds and no flowers it isn't not so.
W: No lotuses?
M: Refined sugar?
W: The Lotus Eaters, too much sweetness.
M: We are having a conversation right now through an electronic medium.
W: Are electrons sweet or sour?
M: You would be a good textile designer.
W: I am a textile designer, in a way.
M: I just told you.
W: I was only confirming my flight of fancy.
M: But I see you.
W: You must have a black-hole Webcam.
M: I care about purity of intent.
W: I suppose black holes are as pure as that gets.
M: Is Beauty an illusion?
W: Black Beauty was a book.
M: Do I need a password?
W: To get in, everyone does.
M: Neither does anyone else on Planet Earth.
W: But Earthlings are all using passwords.
M: (The relationship, or is it a non-relationship?)
W: Are you related to an Earthling?
M: Well, if you include cells or atoms, then no.
W: Are you a many-celled being?
M: It's not exactly stupidity, but a response to conditions.
W: Many-celled creatures evolved in response to conditions?
M: I'm about to take off to other regions.
W: Where are you going, to the Arctic?
M: If I go to that extremity, what might I extract?
W: Ice.
M: Exactly.
W: Bye!
M: Closing in 1 second ... Goodbye!

Labels: