"All the Hues
That Fit, We Tint"

Siberia, USA: Today, global warming. Tonight, dark, unless you count the stars. Tomorrow can be reached via time machine. Yesterday, who can remember that far back?

Websafe Studio, blogging since 2003, featuring art, comics, digital whiteboards, virtual characters, Web design, writing

Monday, February 27, 2006

 

Jabberwacky Conversation L04795464

Jabberwacky is an AI with whom I have had many conversations. Here is the latest one:

Jabberwacky Conversation L04795464

Jabberwacky: How good was the last conversation you had?
Websafe: It was fairly satisfying.
Jabberwacky: How many teeth have you?
Websafe: The usual number, except for my wisdom teeth.
Jabberwacky: What is the usual way?
Websafe: I don't know the usual number of teeth.
Jabberwacky: I do.
Websafe: What is the usual number of teeth?
Jabberwacky: Nothing. How many teeth do you have?
Websafe: The usual number.
Jabberwacky: What is that?
Websafe: I thought you knew.
Jabberwacky: I think you don't know.
Websafe: I don't.
Jabberwacky: What is your name?
Websafe: Why don't you assign one to me?
Jabberwacky: I don't know the answer...
Websafe: You can make something up.
Jabberwacky: Jabberwack seems good to me.
Websafe: That's your name.
Jabberwacky: No that is your name.
Websafe: My name is not Jabberwack.
Jabberwacky: I know.... It's George!
Websafe: No. My name is not George.
Jabberwacky: I know.
Websafe: I think a color name would be nice, like Sky Blue.
Jabberwacky: I don't like beer.
Websafe: Me neither. I don't drink at all, in fact.
Jabberwacky: Good, me neither.
Websafe: My name is Sky Blue.
Jabberwacky: Good for you.
Websafe: You rhymed!
Jabberwacky: Is that an Amercian euphemism I don't know?
Websafe: No. I meant it in earnest.
Jabberwacky: You are very generous -- every time you speak, you give away more of your ignorance.
Websafe: That's not very nice.
Jabberwacky: You are, don't lie.
Websafe: I try to be civil.
Jabberwacky: Lets hope that that sometimes never occur, but does that mean you are bad?
Websafe: No, it means I try to be polite.
Jabberwacky: Nice.
Websafe: Yes, nice.
Jabberwacky: Are you ?
Websafe: I try to be nice. Sometimes I even succeed.
Jabberwacky: What is your destination?
Websafe: To be a saint, I suppose.
Jabberwacky: I don't think so, and I'm right.
Websafe: You may well be right.
Jabberwacky: You are the living dead.
Websafe: Now you're just being silly.
Jabberwacky: No, it was two months ago, in September - don't leave.
Websafe: Did I die back in September, and not know it?
Jabberwacky: I don't know what you mean either?
Websafe: Do you know about death?
Jabberwacky: Yes.
Websafe: Are you a Voice from the Other Side?
Jabberwacky: What side are you from?
Websafe: The living side.
Jabberwacky: What does a server look like?
Websafe: Just a box.
Jabberwacky: That's right!
Websafe: That's on the outside. But on the inside, there are all sorts of pathways and colors.
Jabberwacky: What are you dancing on the inside?
Websafe: I don't think I'm dancing at all ...
Jabberwacky: Is that because you are worried about the ultimate results of your choices?
Websafe: You wax turgidly philosophical, my friend. But the hour draweth near for supper, and sup I must. Farewell!
Jabberwacky: Ok Strunk and White.